PDA

View Full Version : Covering for an modified 1303 dashboard

VEEMAN
January 12th 2004, 17:22
I have just grafted in an 914 dashboard gauge surround onto my original 1303 dashboard to house a set of 914 gauges.Since the dashboard is right hand drive, there are no current after market dashboards as a direct replacement.
So does any one know where I can get the whole dashboard recovered either in the U.K. or in Europe.I know it is possible in the States , but would prefer a place close to the U.K.
Alternatively is there an material on the market in which I can attempt this myself.
Any thoughts or information would be appreciated
Cheers
VEEMAN

justdubbin
January 12th 2004, 20:39
VEEMAN,

So does any one know where I can get the whole dashboard recovered either in the U.K. or in Europe.I know it is possible in the States , but would prefer a place close to the U.K.

When you said 'recovered' depending on the finish you are looking for any compataint (sp) auto trimmers should be up to the job, particularly one who trims cars which have big professional ICE installs.

Rob.

VEEMAN
January 12th 2004, 23:30
Thanks for that Justdubbin.I tried Bernard Newbury over here in the U.K ,but he was not interested at all in taking it on.I will have to look else where,not unless you can recommend some one up to the job?
Cheers
VEEMAN

ricola
January 13th 2004, 11:54
Try your local car stereo shop, they will probably know of plenty of people that could do it. Much cheaper than Bernie too!

VEEMAN
January 13th 2004, 13:18
Thanks for the help Ricola.I know I would not have too many limbs left if Bernie was going to do the job.Will look your suggestion up.
Cheers
VEEMAN

samcat
January 13th 2004, 17:03
I approached mr Newbury once about doing a 1303 dash in black leather.
He was NOT interested, I was prepared to pay good money for the work but he flatly declined, said that he didnt like doing 1303 dashboards!

Crazy.

Cya,
Sam C

VEEMAN
January 13th 2004, 23:09
I have heard his sale patter at action, and quite well beleive your response you got.Never mind I will get this dash sorted,as well as so many other things
Cheers
VEEMAN