PDA

View Full Version : Club Tools?

jhelgesen
January 13th 2004, 12:43
I was thinking, Dave and I are both working on rebuilding 901 trannies right now, and there are some fixtures that would be good to have for disassembly of the gears, got me thinking (always a scary thought). Would we want to, as a club, purchase tools like that for club member use? They are small enough to be shipped around the SE without much cost. I'm sure there are other tools we could all use once in a while that don't make sense for one person to buy.

Any thoughts?

zen
January 13th 2004, 15:36
interesting thought. i like the idea...at least on the surface. we will have to think through goods and bads, oh and get some money. :eek:

NO_H2O
January 13th 2004, 16:50
Between all of us I bet we have a great collection already. Just need to find a system to make sure we get them back to the owners. I have lots some tools over the years that I have let folks use and I can't remember who has them. I have a utillity mixer (cement) that I havn't seen in 2 years, but I know who has it.

zen
January 13th 2004, 17:08
that would be the most obvious bad i could think of. one reason i was thinking club money, club tools, but that has that little problem word of money.