PDA

View Full Version : New Hardware

NO_H2O
January 13th 2004, 18:33
Well today is a great day. Not only did my fellow club members honor me with the "Man-Up-and-Drive award, but I got a new, much needed tool for the shop. :D :D :D

jhelgesen
January 13th 2004, 19:27
Dude, that rocks (or welds I guess). You'll have fun with that. Can it to aluminum also?

Watch harbour freight catalog, they put the solar powered autodark helmet on sale once in a while, I got mine for $40 and love it.

NO_H2O
January 13th 2004, 19:44
yep, it will do aluminum(mild steel and stainless with the right gas and wire), just need some argon and aluminum wire. The helmet it came with ain't great and the hand held mask is even worse. I ran a few beads with the flux core wire on some angle iron and it works great but the flux core wire splaters alot. Need a bottle of gas. To bad my CO2 bottles for the beer tap won't fit the regulator :rolleyes:.

boygenius
January 13th 2004, 19:58
Sweet looking welder. That's about 10,000 times nicer than mine. I'm green with envy. :D

Racelook
January 14th 2004, 11:29
Jepzz

CO2 is much more better than flux core!!

ANd I can recomend an electronic weldingglasses for everyone!! It welds 100 times relaxeter and because of that much better

Wiebrand :D

boygenius
January 29th 2004, 23:00
Hey guys. Since NO_H2O got a new welder I've been thinking that I need a new welder. I was thinking about the lincoln TIG 175 PRO. It will weld everything and it runs on 115V or 230V so it's portable. You guy need any aluminum welded. :D

NO_H2O
January 30th 2004, 04:05
NOW THAT IS A NICE WELDER. I have heard many times (from welders) that you can't go worng with the big 3 (Miller, Hobart, Lincoln) when buying a welder.

vujade
January 30th 2004, 08:21
just seen this thread Dave, congrats on the new equiptment :D