PDA

View Full Version : Kerscher ball joints

Superman
January 18th 2004, 00:42
I am willing to help out though if you need assistance with German vendors because of the language barrier.

Alex, it would be great if we could get more info/sales on these ball joints that I believe Kerscher is the only one who makes them. I have a set but would like an extra pair also. These are a must have for the 944 to 1303 conversion.

super vw
January 18th 2004, 02:55
Alex, it would be great if we could get more info/sales on these ball joints that I believe Kerscher is the only one who makes them. I have a set but would like an extra pair also. These are a must have for the 944 to 1303 conversion.

I would be interested if i can also source the brakes and all parts for under $700 complete(front and rear) :D

how much do you think the ball joints would be if there was a group buy?
And also, why do you need the ball joints for this mod? is there a article on the adaption of 944 brakes to a 1303? will a full explanation of how and why things need to be done?.... You can never know to much, and you must try, or you will only wonder why ;)

Alex
January 18th 2004, 20:18
I will look into it if we can get more people interested.

I will call Kerscher and see what they can offer.

Alex

trevorbrady
January 19th 2004, 13:58
I'll need a pair of these ball joints. How much do they cost anyway? Any idea how much they'd cost in a group buy situation?

Alex
January 21st 2004, 09:29
I talked to Kerscher today and they would help us with a group deal.

They are listed for 47 Euros.
They could not tell me on how much it would be cheaper yet and I do not have any details but I am hoping that this would work out similar to the Cup brace deal.

So I need a list on who is interested so I can talk to Kerscher on how many would buy a set.

Thanks,

So far there are 5 names:
Superman
Super VW
Trevor Brady
RandyJ
KäferCup
Alex

super vw
January 21st 2004, 13:13
I talked to Kerscher today and they would help us with a group deal.

They are listed for 47 Euros.
They could not tell me on how much it would be cheaper yet and I do not have any details but I am hoping that this would work out similar to the Cup brace deal.

So I need a list on who is interested so I can talk to Kerscher on how many would buy a set.

Thanks,

So far there are 3 names:
Superman
Super VW
Trevor Brady

Alex

Alex, (or any one) can you direct me to a page that tells you EXACTLY what i would need to do a 944 brake swap on a 1303 super beetle? I am still interested in the ball joints if we all can get them for a resonable price and if i can figure out what i need to do this brake swap.

Thanks Alex

Jonathan

Alex
January 21st 2004, 14:47
Make a search or a post in the brake forum please.
There is tons of into in the brake forum. We had an article for it but it will be printed in VW Trends and had to remove it for now.

Alex

randyj
January 21st 2004, 18:00
Alex,

Please add my name to the group buy for the Kerscher ball joints.

Randy :D

kafercup
January 26th 2004, 01:31
Please let me know when this gets going as I would like a set also. :)

Alex
January 26th 2004, 02:18
I added you to the list in my earlier post.

Alex

T151
January 26th 2004, 15:25
Me Too!!

I'm after a set of the balljoints as well!!

1303 - 944

what is that, 7 names now?

T151
February 8th 2004, 06:22
I take it the deal fell through?

Alex
February 8th 2004, 21:43
I will contact Kerscher next week.
Sorry guys....had a busy last week.

I will let you know,
Alex

I take it the deal fell through?

T151
February 10th 2004, 17:33
I never done a group buy but am very interested to see whether or not we save that much. Assuming that everyone on the list does not live close to one another, evident, postage costs will vary right?

Any idea on what sort of deal Kerscher might offer or are you putting a proposal to them?

Just interested in the logistics of this group buy scheme.
:p

Alex
February 20th 2004, 20:31
Hey Guys....

I am sorry but I really did not have a lot of time and I keep forgetting it too.

I will try to contact Kerscher next week.

Alex

T151
March 11th 2004, 13:51
Hey Alex,

Could you scrap my name off the list, I think I'll go to Kerscher direct,

Thanks anway!
:)

super vw
March 29th 2004, 22:42
So has this group buy gone sour? Or is there still some research going on?

Let me know becuase i got my brakes and im itching to have them fully installed after i finnish building my new motor.

Thanks!
Jonathan :)

super vw
April 19th 2004, 17:59
Any one???? :bawling:

Alex
April 20th 2004, 13:50
Kerscher wants me to handle everything......even payment.
I really do not want to do that. They told me once that is all setup they will give me a price depending on how many are interested in them.

From my end it is a no go.....because I do not want to get involved the money part.
Maybe someone else would like to handle this group buy.

Alex

trevorbrady
April 21st 2004, 04:00
bit of a "chicken and egg" scenario: collect the money from those interested, and when you have it, they'll give you the price... How much are you supposed to collect in the first place?

Silly...

super vw
April 21st 2004, 09:53
Looks more like they want to see how many are going to buy, then a GL member (or not) deals with collecting that money and sending it to Kerscher?

Becuase i dont see how collecting money first would even be an option... thats so dumb.

Alex
April 22nd 2004, 00:36
They give me the price once I tell them on how many people are interested. Then I would have to collect the money and send it to them. They will ship out the parts.

Alex

super vw
April 22nd 2004, 00:44
Thats what i was thinking, Count me in for sure... But i cant wait to long for this deal to happen (more than a month or two, not counting shipping). If it takes to long i will let you know, then i will just go through Kerscher directly.

How much of a deal would you think we could expect?

Thanks Alex for taking the time to contact Kerscher and help us out! Its well apriciated!

Jonathan

jrinlv
April 26th 2004, 01:06
So noone will step up and help out, I would do it but nobody knows me (I think) but I need a set now too. So how many people are in still 8?? LEts do this. JR

super vw
May 11th 2004, 00:41
Well i just got some balljoitns from a member here (jhelgesen, thanks) so you can scratch me off the list... I just couldent wait :D

Later,
Jonathan