PDA

View Full Version : New Arrival

vujade
January 19th 2004, 11:28
Just in from Seattle, WA...

I just received my new Fastback. Boy was I surprised when it came on an enclosed trailer just like the seller said. The same transporter brought it here to florida all the way from WA.

Then as I watched it come off the trailer, it looked just as good as it did in the pics the seller sent to me. There are a few items I couldnt see in the pics, but overall I am really pleased.

The car started right up & it was so quiet I almost wasnt sure if it was still running. I had to get out of the car to check.

The drive home to my house (about 5 miles from the drop off point) was just pure smiles all the way. :D

The car handles really nice & stops on a dime !

Will post pics as soon as I take some...... stay tuned :cool:

boygenius
January 19th 2004, 11:36
Congratulations on your purchase. :D :D

I love the first drive of a new car. :D

Panelfantastic
January 19th 2004, 13:15
Schweeeet!

vujade
January 19th 2004, 15:36
Congratulations on your purchase. :D :D

I love the first drive of a new car. :D

Me too. But this one was way different because I didnt get a chance to drive it before purchasing. So it was especially sweet driving it & knowing I got what I paid for and got a good deal too.

NO_H2O
January 19th 2004, 18:53
Way cool. I'm glad everything worked out. I would be nervous too having not seen it/heard it/driven it in person. Can't wait to see it at the Dyno Day weekend.

zen
January 20th 2004, 09:26
congrats. i was hoping for the best. that is tough on the nerves when you haven't seen it in advance. for the passat i paid for an inspector to go check it out (cheaper than a plane flight), but that was a whole different purchase.

vujade
January 20th 2004, 09:57
well I just had a good feeling about the seller, I think thats why I was so at ease about the whole purchase.

Everything went smoothly about the whole transaction, even the shipping. I was more worried about the shipping going wrong then about the car not being right. I have heard plenty of shipping horror stories thats why I did so much research before hiring a shipper.

The car is now in its stable here at the homefront. Last nite I let my wife drive around the neighborhood for a while. She seemed to enjoy it & even said that it would be a nice car to take on long trips. So I guess she likes it more then my bug, which is a good thing I think :rolleyes:

I hope to have it registered and on the road within a week, hopefully less.
I will definitely be driving her to the dyno day, but first I need to check everything out and make it is road worthy.

southeastvw
January 20th 2004, 15:39
Congrats! :cool:
Now If I can get mine on the road this year!

Shadowbug
January 20th 2004, 16:13
not sure what it is about type 3 suspensions, with my limited experince driving them, I alwaysfound they were a little nicer ride than beetles, but that could be because most of the beetles I've owned or driven had dropped suspensions.

I missmy type 3 squareback, but not as much as my kombi.