PDA

View Full Version : Racimex Oil Cooler thermostat instructions- translation needed

Martin Kearn
September 11th 2002, 19:31
Hello everyone, I hope you can help.:)

I have a Racimex oil cooler thermostat, part number 50100, which I need to fit to my Beetle shortly when I fit the external oil cooler.

Unfortunately, I don't speak or understand German, so I'm having a little difficulty understanding the fitting instructions/diagrams supplied... :confused:

Please could someone translate them for me if I type them out here? :D

Here is the text as printed:

Einbauanleitung fur racimex- Olkuhlerthermostat

Wie aus den Zeichnungen ersichtlich, weicht dieser Thermostat von den ublichen Systemen ab und vermeidet die bei den Schieber- Thermostaten auftretenden Fehlerquellen durch Verkanten und Hangenbleiben des Schiebers im Zylinder.

Bei geoffnetem Kegelventil (Abb.1) druckt das Ol uber beide Zuleitungen gleichzeitig zum Kuhler. Druck und Gegendruck heben sich hierbei auf und durch den Druckausgleich wird der Olflub durch den Kuhler gestoppt. Der Kuhler wird also neutralisiert und das Ol fliebt innerhalb des Thermostaten zum Motor zuruck.

Ab ca. 75 celsius beginnt das Kegelventil zu schlieben und unterbricht diesen Stillstand. Bei ca. 80 ist das Kegelventil geschlossen (Abb. 2) und das Ol mub jetz uber den Kuhler zuruch zum Motor flieben.

Beim Anschlub der Schlauche ist lediglich darauf zu achten dab an einer Seite des Thermostaten die motorseitigen und auf der anderen Seite die kuhlerseitigen Schlauche montiert werden. Unten oder oben (nach Zeichnung) speilen dabei keine Rolle.

I can't scan the diagrams that are printed on the sheet, so any pointers as to which ports are inlet and outlet would be great too.

And is there a right and a wrong way to connect it up?

Thankyou in advance. :cool:

Alex
September 11th 2002, 19:40
Hi Martin,

the function of the thermostat is explained. Basically it says that the valve is open eliminating the oil to run thru the oil cooler becasue both passages in the thermostat are open which means that the oil is moved back in the case thru the thermostat because the flow is eliminated this way because there is pressure on both lines going to the oil cooler. Once you reach 75 degrees C the valve closes and now the oil is moved thru the oil cooler because the pressure is now forced only thru one line to the cooler and the other is the return line.

You have to make sure that on one side of the thermostat the lines are connected coming form the engine and on the other side the lines coming from the oil cooler are connected.

I have the same thermostat.
I hope that helps,

Alex

Martin Kearn
September 11th 2002, 19:47
Thankyou Alex, it's helped me a lot. :)

All I need now is for it to stay dry in my part of the UK this weekend...
:D

Andy
September 12th 2002, 03:51
Hi Martin

Did not know you had a German Look car?:D

So I assume that you have you engine ready to bolt in?

Missed a good night last nite at the LDD Meet, good turnout.