PDA

View Full Version : VKG help needed

NO_H2O
January 20th 2004, 17:38
OK, Kathy ask me if I would ask you guys (that are going to be at the Dyno/Drag Day) if we can help her out with the drags on Sun. I told her that I would ask. So how about we pony up and give her a hand?

zen
January 20th 2004, 17:43
depends how drunk we are by 9:00am. :D

i'm up for it (assuming i am not still building my car. :rolleyes:

vujade
January 20th 2004, 17:58
Man up & help :cool:

Count me in if you guys are helping

NO_H2O
January 20th 2004, 18:05
Sounds like we are there. I will email her and tell her she has 3 to help. Anyone else going to be there?

boygenius
January 20th 2004, 20:51
This sunday????

I'll check my calender.....

maybe I could catch a ride with joe.

I'll pay for half the gas. :)

NO_H2O
January 20th 2004, 20:56
boygenius wrote
"This sunday????

I'll check my calender.....

maybe I could catch a ride with joe.

I'll pay for half the gas. "

Not this sunday. It will be the weekend of March 6-7. The Southeast Dyno Day and Silver Dollar Shoot Out.

boygenius
January 20th 2004, 21:16
I should be able to go. :)

NO_H2O
January 20th 2004, 23:09
...werd...

hybrid_john
January 21st 2004, 01:31
Wish I could go...man...you guys get all the fun!:silly:

I'll lend you guys moral support!:D

John

yetibone
January 25th 2004, 11:07
Call me the stoopid one :p Where's this gonna be located?

I realized Thurs. and Fri. that Georgia isn't THAT far of a drive :D
mabye I can be there, if I can get that Monday off from work.

Yetibone

zen
January 25th 2004, 11:24
two locations over two days. as for the info, if it were a snake...

VKG Events Calendar (http://volksport.net/events.htm)

:rolleyes: :D :eek: it's even the page with your car on it!

Peachtree City is about 30 south of downtown ATL down 85 and Reynolds is supposedly around Macon which is about 1.5 hours south of downtown ATL down 75.

yetibone
January 25th 2004, 11:45
South of Atlanta, THAT'S what I needed to know. Thanks Zen.
I swear I'll buy an atlas one of these days!

Yetibone

Speed Dreamer
January 28th 2004, 10:10
Hey, everyone I have been away for a while, but the divorce is final now :) :confused: , so my project is now up a few notches on the things to do list. See you there!!

NO_H2O
January 28th 2004, 12:16
Long time no read. We will see you there. :D

vujade
January 30th 2004, 08:28
Good to see you Tony
Hope you are able to come around more often now :D

southeastvw
February 1st 2004, 12:53
:laugh: Yes boys I could use ya'll assitance on Race day. If I can get some help from SEVWC, The BK & VKG, then I know that everyone could still enjoy the show and help.
We will be having a meet about the show at the West Ga SEVWC meet on the 7th. Now I know that two of you are going, so I will see you there.
But if any of the rest of you can help, the help will need to start in the morning 7AM :sleep: Yes I know early, but that is when it is the busiest. Getting all the vendors in, then the show cars mixed in with racers and spectators.
Just send me an email or I will check back here from time to time.
The Ga show is going to be a good weekend! :D If you are able to help, I will give you an entry pass, but you will still have to pay to have your car in the show. We do have pre-registration available on the site.

Later ;)

zen
February 1st 2004, 21:27
kathy, i will be helping out. not sure i will make it to charles' next week though. i still have a bunch to do. i had to switch beams now and have to hunt down the corect axles and maybe some new trailing arms now. fun, fun. still think i can make it with my car to the dyno day and show though. i just may have the break in run on the way to dyno day. :laugh:

craigt-from-atl
February 5th 2004, 14:04
I'm going to try to make it down for the dyno day also. Still about 6 months off from seriously looking for my next beetle, but am definitely going the GL route.

Would be nice to meet up with some of you VKG guys.

vujade
February 5th 2004, 14:43
I'm going to try to make it down for the dyno day also. Still about 6 months off from seriously looking for my next beetle, but am definitely going the GL route.

Would be nice to meet up with some of you VKG guys.

that would be nice Craig :laugh:

boygenius
February 11th 2004, 01:53
Anybody know the address of the Silver Dollar Raceway. I need to know the exact address. :help:

All I could find was driving directions but thats not good enough. :(

vujade
February 11th 2004, 09:02
Brendan,

I thought i was helping you out on the other thread by giving you the driving directions, oh well. sorry mate. Try calling information in Georgia for the track number and asking them :rolleyes:

zen
February 11th 2004, 09:54
or email kathy jacobs. her address is on sevwc.com.

boygenius
February 11th 2004, 19:57
Got the information now. :)

Thanks. :D

kenfyoozed
February 12th 2004, 13:43
anyonw know of any campgrounds close by, where the shows will be held? if i get to go , it will probally be me and maybe a friend. looking to do some camping while im there, saving money too. so any ideas?

neil

NO_H2O
February 12th 2004, 19:22
I am going to ask Kathy if we can camp at the race track Sat night so we can be there to start working when the gates open. As far as Fri night goes I guess my yard would be a good campground, I live on the Southside of Atl. and about 40 min from the Dyno Shop.

southeastvw
February 12th 2004, 23:02
Camping will be available Saturday night at the track. Although they will be having an event till 11pm, so you will have plenty to watch :laugh:
As soon as the event it over, we will be moving somethings around for the morning time. That way we don't have to worry about it. So I will get with the track and actually go there myself and see where we are going to place things.
Since most of you are going to be setting up in the show area anyhow.....right :D we can make it where you can have your camp spot there. Maybe ;)

If you all are going to be there then, I will use you all for the gate, parking and vendors, then you can trade out with some others.
I will get back with you all when times get closer! Damn! It is only 3 weeks away!

Those of you helping, will not have to worry about the gate fee, but we still need to collect for show cars please. We are renting the track out and just HOPING AND PRAYING that we do not lose our asses over it :eek:

Thanks again for volunteering to help!

southeastvw
February 28th 2004, 23:03
So now since it is one week away and I went to the track today. Need to get a head count of who will be able to help.
Let me know if you will be there the night before and camping or coming in sometime in the morning on Sunday.
I would like to get you all in your own little section, so Sunday morning you will not have to move. Where I have the show cars parked, you can get your own little spot beside the fence and be able to watch the racing all day! :laugh:
So lets get a head count so I can go ahead and assign spots.

Thanks so much!

NO_H2O
February 29th 2004, 01:33
Myself, Joel and Brandon. Zen, Vujade, Boygenius, Kenfyoused and his Brother. All camping.
BTW, hey Joe I scored a tent for you and Boygenius, you just need sleeping bags.

vujade
February 29th 2004, 08:21
sweet :agree:

zen
February 29th 2004, 10:39
yeitbone is coming in mid-day saturday and leaving sunday mid-day. i believe he is camping with us. sue will probably be with him too. not sure on their availability to help out though since they have to leave early. i would just count them in the camping situation and not in helping.

yetibone
February 29th 2004, 11:20
I'll help as much as I can. Sorry, the new job's got me limited on how much time I can take off. :(

Yetibone

NO_H2O
February 29th 2004, 18:08
SWEET :agree:

kenfyoozed
March 1st 2004, 00:24
im definetly in, but im flying solo.

neil

southeastvw
March 4th 2004, 23:12
Hey guys........only a few days away!
Anyway, there will be quite a few of us there Saturday evening and we can go over how we are going to handle things the next morning that evening.
I don't want anyone to be doing this for to long, so we all need to take turns. I was hoping that I would get some more help from SEVWC, but doesn't look that way.
For Saturday evening, you will have to pay the gate fee for that evening race. There aint nothing I can do about that.....sorry
We shall see some of you Saturday morning and the rest that evening.
I will take a look here again, before I leave tomorrow midday.
Thanks again for your help.

NO_H2O
March 5th 2004, 00:09
Me and 2 boys are in.

zen
March 5th 2004, 00:38
me and hopefully a car. :D

boygenius
March 5th 2004, 01:06
I'll be there...

vujade
March 5th 2004, 08:11
me 2 :rolleyes:

southeastvw
March 5th 2004, 14:18
Ok, see you all Tomorrow.
I am GONE!!!!!!!!!! :D

kenfyoozed
March 8th 2004, 08:55
hope all the help this weekend was enough, had a great time. thanks.

neil

NO_H2O
March 8th 2004, 09:02
Had a blast, good to finaly meet you Neil and have a few of us together in one place is always cool. Look forward to the next time. :agree:

zen
March 8th 2004, 20:55
yea, believe it or not, i had fun. especially the first part of the day when i was driving my car for the first time in 10 years. thanks a million for your guys help on my car. there is no way i could have made it to the show without your help. the car rocks. i am even more anxious to get it back on the road now that i know what i have.

yetibone
March 8th 2004, 22:02
I really hate bailing out at the last second on you guys. I really wanted to make it, but we just didn't have our $#!+ together for the trip. Both of us had a hard week, and no time to prepare the car, or ourselves.

Sorry to hear about the engine Zen. Sux you couldn't run it on the dyno, but we all know it's in good hands now, and will likely come back with more power than before (could that be possible ;) ).