PDA

View Full Version : Test Pics

vujade
January 22nd 2004, 13:49
I just got done doing a wheel swap to see how the Boxter Wheels would look on the new fasty. I just bolted in one lug on each wheel to line it up and lower the car down. The fasty is stock height right now so it looks a little funny in the front...

let me know what you think :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/p1d28d824257e203b3edcbe00de56ea8d/f9dcaca5.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/p212b9e94db018b065fd5d6522f87ae81/f9dcac9c.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/pcdcb12fd6642c7670846abca5f8b7c02/f9dcaca9.jpg

Alex
January 22nd 2004, 14:02
Looking good.

Alex

vujade
January 22nd 2004, 17:42
Not sure if I like it or not yet.... :rolleyes:

TitoRay
January 22nd 2004, 18:29
Not sure if I like it or not yet.... :rolleyes:
To be honest, I really like them on your bug a lot better. To be even more honest, I like your bug as a whole a lot better. :cool:
Anyway, do you plan on changing the color of the fastback?

samcat
January 22nd 2004, 18:29
Thats looking quite smart.
Once the front is down a bit and its all sitting level it will look :cool:

:)

Cya,
Sam C

Racelook
January 22nd 2004, 19:22
It looks quite good..

But to be honest.. I wouldn't put that rims on it.. GO pic some real racingrims.. suchs as OZ, AEZ, etc.. (and lower it :rolleyes: ) hahaha :D

But yeah it's only mine opinion (i don't like porsche rims.. most of them are ugly :p )

Wiebrand

boygenius
January 22nd 2004, 20:19
OK. hmmmmm... I think I liked them better on your bug.

They look too thin for the car, I think that the spokes need to be thicker for the car. Maybe some cup style wheels or some phone dials. Maybe a set of turbo twists and fuchs always look good even if they are dated.

P.S. hey Joe I have a good front beam preped for weld in adjusters. I have the adjusters new in the package, let me know if you want them when you lower the front. :)

Brendan...

hybrid_john
January 23rd 2004, 00:22
IMHO...They're ok, better than stock...why not put some Lamborghini wheels on it instead! :p

But other than that.... maybe some BBS wheels would look better?!?

Don't know....

John

vujade
January 23rd 2004, 09:15
well guys, I think that I agree with most of you and think that they look way better on my bug. I just wasnt sure how they would look on the Fasty until I swapped them on. Then once i did it, I didnt really like it.

I think personally that a set of 16 x 7 Fuchs woulds look so much nicer.
Or even as Brendan suggested a set of 16" Phone Dials.

Not sure yet, have to do more research.

BTW Brendan, I dont need an adjustable beam for my T3.
T3 front ends are already adjustable from the factory.
Thanks anyways :D

TitoRay
January 24th 2004, 15:25
I think maybe the Porche C2 TURBO (I think thats what they are) style would look good. Or even a nice set of lightweight *cringe* tuner wheels. Something with a big lip, like the Lamborghini wheels! :D
I think after you German-Looker-ize(??) your fasty, the range of wheels that'll look great will increase. :cool:

Alex
January 24th 2004, 16:06
That would be the rim I think would look sweet on your Fasty.

http://www.lindseyracing.com./pics/wheel2.jpg

www.lindseyracing.com

Alex

NO_H2O
January 24th 2004, 16:28
I think the Phone Dials would work too. You could always play around with PhotoShop and see what you come up with. Toss some wieght in the front so it lowers it and take some more pix and load them up nd play.

zen
January 24th 2004, 19:55
i have to agree with everyone else. they are OK, but others would be much better.

my black Ronals are up for sale (just haven't posted them yet) if you want to consider them. they are low offset for the deep look. already have Kumho's on them. 16x7ET11 and 16x8ET23 (i may have the offsets backwards) with 195/50 and 225/50 (cause they were going on the bug, stock 951 is 205/55 in the front).

i attached a not so good pic of one. tires haven't been treated yet and the rim is pretty dusty from the move, but you get the idea.

NO_H2O
January 24th 2004, 20:07
That would be cool. Kind of have a RUF look and black on white is always cool. Black wheels, window tint and smokes lenses would make a big change. Toss some 80 lb. bags of readymix in the boot and your there.

zen
January 24th 2004, 21:35
agreed. i would stick with the white paint assuming it is in good shape. some red lettering on the rim lip (ala OZ or any racing style) to pull the interior color outside and some nice red calipers. :cool:

Wesayso
January 24th 2004, 21:54
That would be the rim I think would look sweet on your Fasty.

http://www.lindseyracing.com./pics/wheel2.jpg

www.lindseyracing.com

Alex

Those are some fine looking rims! Would love to run those on a Karmann Ghia
do you know anything more about them? The website didn't provide much info

Supa Ninja
January 25th 2004, 00:09
Black rims on white paint does look nice, I'm running that on my 14. Very race like. I'm gunna have to agree with everyone else the Boxster rims look ok on the fasty but they look better on the 1302.

Nick

vujade
January 25th 2004, 07:59
Zen, If I am to run 7" wide rims, the offset would have to be at least 40 or more. There's no way I could run an 11mm or 23mm offset rim under stock fenders on a T3.

I am going to have to possibly run 6" wheels in the front & 7" in the back or 7" all the way around with a 40mm or more offset.

I do agree with everyone though that the boxter wheel just doesnt look right.
I will have to see if I can pick up some Fuchs or Phone Dials.

vujade
January 25th 2004, 08:31
I may even go with something like this...

http://www.wheelenhancement.com/99316C_obw.jpg

993 16" x 7" Wheel

vujade
January 25th 2004, 08:34
To be honest, I really like them on your bug a lot better. To be even more honest, I like your bug as a whole a lot better. :cool:
Anyway, do you plan on changing the color of the fastback?

Thanks for the comments about the bug. I like it better with the Boxter wheels also.

As far as changing the color of the fasty, the answer is yes. I will probably go with black. But i wont be painting it for a while, at least not until after the suspension, brakes & engine are done.

vujade
January 25th 2004, 08:40
I found the OZ rims the other day. Im not sure if I could get them in the right offset though.

They are freakin' sweet...

NO_H2O
January 25th 2004, 08:59
The 993 wheels look good but the chrome looks a little too bling bling for me, but that is just me. :D

zen
January 25th 2004, 11:19
doh. sorry, still thinking bug with those offsets. you could always trim and flare the fenders. :D

OZ brought out a few new rims this year, but expect $$. i like the 993 rim idea. i agree with dave on the bling factor for colored cars (generality here, i have seem them look great too, just depends on the car), but for black and white they work well. i always wanted to see some dished 2.0l's also. i saw some company that dishes fuch's somewhere. surely they can do other rims as well.

boygenius
January 25th 2004, 11:27
I think the chrome 993 wheels are a little to CAL-LOOK in my opinion.

The same way that fuchs are GL until you fully polish them them they end up on a cal-look car. Just my opinion.

Don't mean to step on anybodys toes if you have chrome wheels, they're just not my cup of tea. :)

vujade
January 25th 2004, 12:03
Ive always like Chrome rims especially on Black Cars. Plus if the car has chrome bumpers it works even more so to me.

As far as it looking a little cal look, It dont really matter to me cause the rest of the car will be German Look where it counts (Brakes, Suspension, Engine, Tranny) :D

boygenius
January 25th 2004, 12:45
Good point it's your car. :D

balloo
January 25th 2004, 13:07
I think the chrome 993 wheels are a little to CAL-LOOK in my opinion.

The same way that fuchs are GL until you fully polish them them they end up on a cal-look car. Just my opinion.

Don't mean to step on anybodys toes if you have chrome wheels, they're just not my cup of tea. :)

Heres my old GL with polished fuch's.

I can see your point on chrome wheels but i think they are one of the few styles of wheel that you can get away with being fully polished

And mine was built before there were a lot of affordable big alloys on the market, finished it in 96 and sold it in 97 :confused: :mad:

http://community.webshots.com/s/image4/1/23/57/72912357ouKUBt_ph.jpg

vujade
January 26th 2004, 09:59
Heres my old GL with polished fuch's.

I can see your point on chrome wheels but i think they are one of the few styles of wheel that you can get away with being fully polished

And mine was built before there were a lot of affordable big alloys on the market, finished it in 96 and sold it in 97 :confused: :mad:

http://community.webshots.com/s/image4/1/23/57/72912357ouKUBt_ph.jpg

Your picture link doesnt work :confused:

oasis
January 26th 2004, 16:01
Only once did I see a Fasty GLer, and that was in VolksWorld. I didn't care for that one too much.

I'm going to be the oddball here and say I really do like the rims from your 1302 on the Fasty. I'm not going to get into the 1302 v. Fasty threadpiece since I have been researching the Supers for so long, but I will say your picture helps me visualize a GL Fasty and I really like it.

Now having said that, I will reel myself back to the pack somewhat and say I think the Lindsey or the OZ rims would be even better. I look forward to following this project as I enjoyed your '71 SB.

vujade
January 27th 2004, 15:23
Oasis

thanks.
I think I would like the Boxters on my Fasty if they were chrome.
I dont really like silver rims with white cars :rolleyes:

yellow73
January 27th 2004, 17:52
Joe,
I just am looking at the picture of the car thinking how nice it is. The rims are OK, but I love the car.
I met a guy from Florida who had a very cool fast back a couple of years ago. His car had been featured in one of the magazines his was silver with new Jetta wheels I think. Very cool looking but not GL. I looked for him at Bug Jam but did not see him, I wanted to hook you both up.

boygenius
January 29th 2004, 02:01
Hey Joe. I could bring my front turbo twists by on my way to the dyno day in Georga in march to see how they would look on your fasty. Maybe I could bring them by sooner if I decide to go to the beach over there on the east coast. Just a thought.... :) :)

vujade
January 29th 2004, 08:25
Brendan

that would be cool. let me know. :D

boygenius
February 4th 2004, 21:26
Hey Joe...

Looks like I'm still going to the dyno day so I will bring my rims with me. Just remind me otherwise I will remember when I see the "WELCOME TO DAYTONA BEACH" sign. :(

Also you might want to check out the the used items section of www.betterbodiesusa.com They sold a set of phone dials for $199. :eek:

Brendan.....

vujade
February 5th 2004, 09:07
sounds cool Brendan. I will try to remind you :laugh: