PDA

View Full Version : Questions about cormac163s ride

cormac163
January 22nd 2004, 17:42
Click here (http://www.germanlook.com/Html/MembersRides/ViewVehicle.php?RideID=121) for more information on this ride.

justdubbin
January 23rd 2004, 13:37
Nice looking Bug cormac, sounds like you have got some big brakes going on there.....any pictures?

Rob.

cormac163
February 24th 2004, 17:16
i haven't got any pics of them on yet but here you go
i would recommend them to anyone

Rob
February 25th 2004, 09:19
Cormac, nice ride !

The adjustable shocks you use in the rear, how do you adjust them ?
Do you happen to have the product number of them ?

Do you know if they would fit a '70 Standard ?

Thanks,

Rob.

trevorbrady
February 25th 2004, 11:30
Cormac, when will I get to see your bug? I'd love to meet up some day and compare notes!!
You going to any Irish shows this year?

http://www.southernvolksfolks.com/events.htm

cormac163
February 26th 2004, 15:16
i would presume they would fit a 70 standard. Is your car an irs or swing axle?
I can try and find the part number for the shicks but i would imagine Koni would know. to adjust them you just have to push the shock together and twist clockwise or anti-clockwise to raise.

cormac163
February 26th 2004, 15:21
Hi trev how are you.
I'll be going to a few i suppose must join the club i keep meaning to send off the damn form. i'll do it tommorow.
I reckon i will try the Paddys day gig and then I am going to Sandown park what about you are you going to make the trip over?

trevorbrady
February 27th 2004, 08:14
Hi trev how are you.
I'll be going to a few i suppose must join the club i keep meaning to send off the damn form. i'll do it tommorow.
I reckon i will try the Paddys day gig and then I am going to Sandown park what about you are you going to make the trip over?

yeah , there's a bunch of us going to VolksWorld. Is your bug an Emilio's beetle?

cormac163
February 28th 2004, 16:58
yeah , there's a bunch of us going to VolksWorld. Is your bug an Emilio's beetle?
ay tis indeedy
Listen i think you might appreciate this. a company in the US is re-developing a turbo that fits air cooled bugs 1600-2500 and can bring between 130-185bhp all under a stock with either stand offs or a little ingenuity. All for just under US$2000.
I am going to start building a tough motor to take the punishment i am going to give it.
What day are you leaving to get to sandown.

trevorbrady
March 1st 2004, 04:52
sounds interesting!

We're flying out of Dublin on Saturday morning for Stansted, aiming to be at the show around midday. Fly back on Sunday night. You?

cormac163
March 1st 2004, 19:34
sounds interesting!

We're flying out of Dublin on Saturday morning for Stansted, aiming to be at the show around midday. Fly back on Sunday night. You?
me and the brother are leaving here on friday and getting the boat from dun laoghaire and are road trippin our way there. Should take 5 hrs so map24.com tells us as it is pretty straight on the A55 now. Are you guys camping?