PDA

View Full Version : I need a computer guru volunteer

oasis
January 26th 2004, 16:22
Ever since the thread on modern headlights for a 1303 came up, I've been looking at almost every stinking car trying to figure out what I would like to do. In most cases, I've reverted back to keeping the round headlights -- either some sort of H4 configuration using seven-inch round headlights (with or without the "Angel Eyes") or utilizing a front fender such that a 911 headlight (also using H4s) could be used.

I picked up a VolksWorld or a VW Scene a week or so ago which had a feature 1303 with dual headlamps. Initially, I winced at the picture but for some reason it sort of has grown on me -- although not to the point of saying, "That's what I want." I tried visualizing the headlight arrangement from my 2002 Golf and Cabrio (essentially the same) and ended up giving that idea a thumbs down.

However, I started thinking about the current Jetta (Bora) headlamps. I always read about people using PhotoShop and the like to get an idea of what certain wheels or whatever would look like on a particular car. Is there anyone here who could magically cybergraph Jetta/Bora headlights on a Super Beetle (1303)? (... or I suppose a 1302 would also give me a taste.)