PDA

View Full Version : Early season VKG gathering

zen
January 28th 2004, 10:17
we never decided on what show was the right early season gathering for the club. i have posted the best options trying to consider the strength of the show and location (which can never be perfect considering ou spread. make a vote and we will make a decision within the next 2 weeks.

i also posted an option that we just have our own get together (which would probably be in the ATL area). this would only be a hang out though. no (legal or official) races or show or anything.

NOTE: there are date conflicts that must be considered and don't just vote for the show closest to you. :D Vote for the show you think is the best and fairest for all and that the most can make it to.

zen
January 28th 2004, 10:25
i voted for Dyno Day and the races just because i know there are already 4 VKG guys confirmed and it is pretty central. N vs. S would be my second choice.

jhelgesen
January 28th 2004, 10:48
Zen, minor correction, the N vs S shootout is in Darlington SC. Then there is the Rennsport reunion II in Daytona 4/24-25

vujade
January 28th 2004, 15:52
I voted for the Dyno Day/Drag Races in March.

I think that we will probably get the best turnout for that.
I also think that we should attend the Rennsport event in April as a club, but it doesnt have to be an official VKG outing.

boygenius
January 28th 2004, 20:03
I voted for the dyno day/drag races in March.
Maybe I can score some front fenders/rear fenders/decklid/rear valance from creative car craft with no shipping. :D I read that they were going to be a sponsor of one of the shows. :)

NO_H2O
January 29th 2004, 07:45
I voted for Bug-A-Paluza. That is a cool show with good camping. It is a 2 day show. I am going to be at the Dyno Day/Shootout weekend. I think Circle Yer Wagens is going to be the weekend of May 1-2, that is a good one too.

jhelgesen
January 29th 2004, 09:26
I don't know what to vote for. I'd like to make the dyno day, but not sure if I can find someone to watch my kids. I've got the dates cleared for the rennsport reunion in Daytona, but haven't gotten a hotel room yet and that may prove to be hard, all the porsche guys have snapped most of them up.

Decisions decisions

zen
January 29th 2004, 10:03
when is the rennlist show? i don't see it on our calendar. i will add it. i have a sister-in-law in Daytona that makes it easier to sell to the family as a trip. just depends when it is. have to take 2 cars too. :(

btw, we can always unofficially have north and south meets too. the shows in TN are a stretch for the FL guys just like Daytona is for those northern guys. us GA guys have it easier. :D

vujade
January 29th 2004, 10:23
I don't know what to vote for. I'd like to make the dyno day, but not sure if I can find someone to watch my kids. I've got the dates cleared for the rennsport reunion in Daytona, but haven't gotten a hotel room yet and that may prove to be hard, all the porsche guys have snapped most of them up.

Decisions decisions

John

I can help you find a hotel room. Remember I live in Daytona :D

jhelgesen
January 29th 2004, 12:34
Okay then, who's game for the Rennsport reunion 2? Goes from april 23-25, tickets are 60 bucks. My family is not coming, so I'm in for half a room somewhere. If we can get a quick count of people coming, then we can get a few rooms together.

I'm seeing what I can do for the dyno day, don't know if I'm booked for that weekend yet.

hybrid_john
January 31st 2004, 00:38
I voted for the Dyno Day. I've never been to a VW show before and obviously don't know which is better so I chose the most popular one...at least I didn't chose one that is closest to me! :laugh:

btw: in order for me to make a show I would need transportation and would pay for a room.....

John

boygenius
January 31st 2004, 00:46
If you want to fly into Tampa I could pick you up. You could keep me from :sleep: while I'm driving. I'm going to vist my friend in NC so I'll end up driving like 2,000 + miles in a few days. :eek:

vujade
January 31st 2004, 08:05
Brendan, if you dont end up going to NC, we could always drive up together. :laugh:

boygenius
January 31st 2004, 19:39
:cool: I don't think my car will make it. It's hanging on untill I get my car finished. I don't know if I'm still going to NC. If I go I will have to rent a car at $235 a week, that's alot of VW parts. I'll let you know soon whats going on. :) :)

Brendan...

boygenius
January 31st 2004, 19:49
If you want to fly into Tampa I could pick you up. You could keep me from :sleep: while I'm driving. I'm going to vist my friend in NC so I'll end up driving like 2,000 + miles in a few days. :eek:

Hey John. I'll send you a PM. :(

NO_H2O
February 1st 2004, 03:50
OK I just got the results of my vacation bids and have the time off to hit the following shows in the books (working at a 24/7 operation has its draw backs).
Southeastern Dyno Day/Silverdollar Shoot-Out
Bug-A-Paluza
Circle Yer Wagens
Heart of Dixie
Southeastern Bug Fair
Circle Yer Wagens
Fla. Bug Jam

Can't do any more unless I give up my time off for Christmas, I'm already working Thanksgiving and the day after.

vujade
February 1st 2004, 08:14
:cool: I don't think my car will make it. It's hanging on untill I get my car finished. I don't know if I'm still going to NC. If I go I will have to rent a car at $235 a week, that's alot of VW parts. I'll let you know soon whats going on. :) :)

Brendan...

We could ride in mine :agree:

zen
February 1st 2004, 10:05
that's a decent list Dave. you got most of the important ones. we have to hit some mixed marque shows though. :D

boygenius
February 1st 2004, 12:19
We could ride in mine :agree:

:righton: The fasty or the super????

I'll pay for half the gas and obviously half the hotel.

Sound :cool:

yetibone
February 1st 2004, 12:55
I'll have a better idea of when I can get time off by next week. With the new job, I'm not sure I can get the time off as easily as I used to.

I voted for Bugapaluza. I have family within 90 miles of Chattanooga, and the Cherokee Trails Rally is hosted just east of there. I know the area pretty well (but can still get lost) and I'm always up for camping! I would also cast a vote for SEVWC Dyno Day to be the first club outing, since it's before Bugapaluza, and convienient to a majority of our members, and a rather central location to everyone, like Taccoa.

I'm not sure yet, but I think I can make both shows.
More details at 11,
Stay tuned to this station.

Yetibone

vujade
February 3rd 2004, 08:38
:righton: The fasty or the super????

I'll pay for half the gas and obviously half the hotel.

Sound :cool:

Well I would love to take the fasty is I get it insured & registered by then.
I hope to have it done by the end of the week.

vujade
February 5th 2004, 15:11
this is sad :rolleyes: we have 15 members & only 10 have voted so far!

Come on guys, I emailed everyone about this thread. Please reply, it concerns us all.

Thanks
Joe :laugh:

kenfyoozed
February 6th 2004, 12:56
well i voted for the dyno day, just because it was closer. i may be able to make it, but the bug wont be with me. i am in the process of talking my wife into driving a vw, but wants a newer one. so we decided on a conv. rabbit or cabrio. so i might be able to attend a show father away if i can tavel there to the show and buy her a car in the general area also. so if you guys here of one for sale let me know. just looking for a work car for her. looking to spend like 2000 . so keep an eye out for me.

thanks

neil

boygenius
February 11th 2004, 02:17
:help:
I need the exact address of the Silver Dollar Raceway. Does anybody know what it is. :(

vujade
February 11th 2004, 09:01
Brendan,

Here are the Directions (http://www.silverdollarraceway.com/directions.htm) to Silver Dolar Raceway.

BTW, shoot my your phone number in a PM today so we can discuss the trip.

zen
February 11th 2004, 09:57
well i guess that makes Dyno Day and the races the official early season get together. hope many can make it. should be a load of fun. no_h2o is still pushing to have his 2275 ready in time (despite a blown TDI in his wife's car) and i am still pushing to have my car there (just need some axles and trailing arms and a heater for the garage :laugh: ).

see ya there!!!!!!!!!!!

zen
February 29th 2004, 10:54
EVENT UPDATE

Friday:
Dave and I decided that we could meet up at Taco Mac in Stockbridge. That is right near Dave's house on the southside of town and a 45 miles ride from Zen's. It is about a 15-20 mile ride to Peachtree City afterwards. Mexican Food and pretty cool place to hang out. My band did some acoustic shows there last year.
Neil and brother are meeting at Zen's house early in the day. I think Brendan and Joe are meeting Dave at his place.

Saturday:
Meet up at AllSpeed at 9:30am ET. Hang all day and then caravan to the campgrounds in Reynolds. Party, stay up late, party, sleep.

Sunday:
Wake up tired as hell from partying, stayin up late, and partying. Stagger, stagger, fall, fall. Help Kathy in the early morning (starting at 7:00am ET) then hang at the show.