PDA

View Full Version : New Front Air Dam

honit
January 28th 2004, 17:24
I am looking for a new air dam for my standard beetle. Open for suggestions, looking for something differents.

boygenius
January 28th 2004, 21:34
Try the new J-sports one. It's only $900 with shipping. :( You could garantee that you would be the only person to own one at that price.

Seriously. La-Performance makes a kamie front air dam in plastic and carbon fiber but you need to buy the bumper that goes with it. Those are the only ones that I can remember. :)

NYBugman1972
January 29th 2004, 09:25
No, I don't believe you need the LAP bumper to use the LAP airdam. I own both in Carbon Fiber and I can tell you that the airdam will mount to the stock steel bumper of my 72 Super. In fact, I am going to keep the steel bumpers all around and trim them so I can use the carbon fiber ones as caps in order to maintain some sort of protection as well as a mounting point for the airdam.

Beware that it is expensive not just to buy but to ship. Unless you're determined to get the carbon fiber one, look for a used one at a VW show or ebay or the Samba classifides.

boygenius
January 29th 2004, 20:27
No, I don't believe you need the LAP bumper to use the LAP airdam.

I was told I did by LA-Performance. Oh well.....

hybrid_john
January 31st 2004, 00:21
I wish I had the custom one will be making right now...that would mean I would ahve the mold for it and could make one for you man... sorry!

John

typ4boy
February 1st 2004, 06:47
hi , i never told you youneeded my bumpers i told you you needed a europa stlye bumper for the air dam to work. you where talking about weather it would work with early blade bumpers all the best Lee L.A.P

boygenius
February 1st 2004, 11:18
Should have worded it more carefully. :o