PDA

View Full Version : Not equal width!

SilverBullet
September 13th 2002, 22:55
I fitted boxter 16' rims and noticed that on the rear, one side of the rim is flushed with the fender but the order side is on the inside by 1 inch. Could it be that the trailing arms are sightly out and is it good to use different width spacers to make them flush with fenders?

bren
September 16th 2002, 11:59
1inch is not a "slight" difference, its a LOT! are you certain that the rims are a true pair? i.e; not from different cars with dfifferent offsets? i dont know porsch parts that well, but i do know that if they are genuine, the size, width and offset will be forged into the rim somewhere.. check that out first.

trevorbrady
September 17th 2002, 07:51
it could be the wings (fenders?!) you have on too. There's no guarantee that the reproduction panels we get these days are 100% symmetrical. However, a full inch is an awful lot of a difference, and it's probably more than just pattern wings...

SilverBullet
September 17th 2002, 23:40
Thanks for the replies. The rim are correct may be the fenders as they are widen fenders!

Andy White
October 1st 2002, 03:13
Are you sure that the body is straight on the pan?

SilverBullet
October 1st 2002, 14:33
Well I should think so! But I may be wrong! I had an accident about a year ago, I did a 180 skid and landed on the kerb and the only damage to my naked eye were the dents on the lip of the stock rims! So this may be the cause.:)

bren
October 3rd 2002, 10:27
aha!!! at last we have a cause! this is the problem with diagnosing faults across the internet when you only have half the facts! time to start measuring your suspension and most likely, start replacing parts!