PDA

View Full Version : rear-view mirrors

zen
September 15th 2002, 22:23
what is everyone using for rear-view mirrors?

i still have the 5-panel wink that came off of the car and am thinking of reusing it. had bought a billet one when i thought i was going resto-custom, but obviously am bailing from that.

just though i would see what the GL is doing.

NYBugman1972
September 16th 2002, 14:16
I use the stock one. It works. That's all i need.

vujade
September 16th 2002, 14:57
stock for now

Alex
September 16th 2002, 17:15
Stock....but it is useless anyways.

Alex

zen
September 16th 2002, 21:58
yea, that is my situation. number 1, the mount is shot so i can not mount one if i wanted to. and number 2, in a choptop, use is limited. at least the wink helped with the blind spots. i will probably go with that. thought about one of those convex racing mirrors though. anyone using one of those?

Alex
September 16th 2002, 23:02
Ops...I am sorry....I thought you were talking about the interior rear view mirror.
I will be using the tear shaped mirrors for my split and the passenger side will get teh one with the extended arm to actually make use of it.

Alex

zen
September 17th 2002, 08:43
Originally posted by Alex
Ops...I am sorry....I thought you were talking about the interior rear view mirror.

Alex

i was speaking of the interior. there are some convex mirrors that are maybe 7-8" wide and 3-4" tall that i have seen that could work. may look a little odd, but they would work.

Alex
September 17th 2002, 09:14
My problem is that my 2 rear windows are way too small. It would be the same with a bigger mirror. I hope that the both my outside mirros are good enough to compensate for it.

Alex

lightning bug
September 17th 2002, 19:37
I'll be using a stock. I use my side views 99% of the time anyway. My Vitalloni's (Californian's) were stolen from my garage. When I get another pair I'll be using them. BASTARDS!

Eurolook71
September 18th 2002, 01:40
I've been thinking about just finding a rear-view from a civic or something and sticking it to the window its self, seems more modern.

bren
September 18th 2002, 05:29
i use a window mounted rectangular billet peep. door mirrors are stock until i can fined a decent carbon F1 style mirror that will work in the stock location.

vujade
September 18th 2002, 08:56
what about trying to adapt a porsche inside rearview mirror, will it work? anyone tried?

Moog
September 18th 2002, 12:29
Mirrors? What are they? What's behind me is of no importance! :D

Seriously though, i have a dipping mirror from a Polo (Fox in the US?) Clips straight in, has a shorter stalk so is higher up the screen, and can be dipped unlike the stock one.

Moog.

lightning bug
September 18th 2002, 16:16
Originally posted by bren
i use a window mounted rectangular billet peep. door mirrors are stock until i can fined a decent carbon F1 style mirror that will work in the stock location.
www.racerpartswholesale.com Do a search for mirrors, click the mirrors link, scroll down a bit. They have 'em. Check it out.

Eurolook71
September 19th 2002, 01:11
Originally posted by Moog
Mirrors? What are they? What's behind me is of no importance! :D

Seriously though, i have a dipping mirror from a Polo (Fox in the US?) Clips straight in, has a shorter stalk so is higher up the screen, and can be dipped unlike the stock one.

Moog.

I like this option, but I'm not clear on what Dipped means...

Moog
September 19th 2002, 05:41
Maybe you guys call it an "Anti Dazzle" mirror? - it has the little tilt lever on the bottom so that you don't get blinded by cars behind you at night.

Chris Percival
September 19th 2002, 09:54
The type 4 mirror clips on too, and its dippable. Its wider than a type 1 mirror but it interferes with the sun visors...

zen
September 19th 2002, 10:56
Originally posted by lightning bug
www.racerpartswholesale.com Do a search for mirrors, click the mirrors link, scroll down a bit. They have 'em. Check it out.

yea, that would be what i was talking about. thx. i had seen that site on a thread about side-views, but couldn't find it again. now the only downside is i do not have a stock to mount that on and can't. it just doesn't work very well in a choptop. i guess i can look at fabricating something though. hmmm.

Eurolook71
September 19th 2002, 19:52
ohhhh...i see...duh...

NE ways...those side mirrors on that link are awesome btw, I've been looking for an option beside the ones you see at all the shows and in the mags.

Vyper
September 23rd 2002, 18:18
VW polo rear view mirror in black, fits straight in the orginal mount and all!

Vyper