PDA

View Full Version : What music do you listen to?

thomas_niji
February 18th 2004, 02:37
So this is the off-topic forum huh? :D

I wonder what you guys listen to? Hip-hop? Rock? Country? or Techno?

Yes, I listen to techno, or trance to be exact. I just feel that trance somehow has that "Germanlook" quality, whatever that quality may be.......

So, what do you guys listen?

samcat
February 18th 2004, 05:18
The nastiest, heaviest metal I can get my hands on. Stuff that makes people cringe when you drive past :)

Cya,
Sam C

NO_H2O
February 18th 2004, 06:02
Anything but country, hip hop, techno or pop. Well almost anything.
Stuff like Tool, STP, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains etc. I also like electric Blues. I ven do Jazz (modern) and intense classical when I'm in the mood.
But mostly heavy rock. :mad: :banghead:

samcat
February 18th 2004, 06:22
But mostly heavy rock. :mad: :banghead:

Great minds and all that ;) :D

Cya,
Sam C

vujade
February 18th 2004, 08:22
My favorite type of music is most forms of electronic music.
I like everything from Depeche Mode & New Order to German Trance
(like Sven Vath, Paul Van Dyk and Jam & Spoon) and everything in between.
I also like classic rock like AC/DC & Pink Floyd and new rock like linkin Park & Staind

But like Dave above, I will listen to anything except country :laugh:

boygenius
February 18th 2004, 17:46
Rock, alternative, Rap, techno, and some popular country. :eek:

If you work in a little hick town you eventualy listen to country, it just sneeks up on you. :laugh:

My favorite band currently has to be STAIND.... :mad: :righton:

zen
February 18th 2004, 19:31
i could go on for hours. as with most, just about everything. grew up and still rely on solid rock. early days was alice cooper, rush, deep purple, kiss, cheap trick, thin lizzy, on and on. lately king's x and its many spinoffs, huge peter gabirel fan, live, still rush, on and on.

love my rock, but still love a solidly written and executed song of any style. good songwriting transcends style. i also go on year long swings of styles. was soul a few years back. lately is bluegrass (odd ain't it) mainly because of a live performance i saw of alison kraus and union station. i am always on the hunt for fresh sounds.

an entertaining show i've caught lately is crossroads on CMT. they match a rock star with a country star and do each other's music. so far i have seen:
kid rock and hank jr.
martina mcbride and pat benetar
and the best was dave matthews and emmylou harris

and lastly, my music tends to be a bit of a favorite. of course every band has to form and stick to an identity (diversity doesn't work if you want to make it). my last band and probably my last true effort was powerplay. pending CD even though i am not in the band. check it out here:

www.powerplayrocks.com (http://www.powerplayrocks.com)

volksdragon
February 18th 2004, 23:22
well here i go

ska (from the 60's to some of today's), punk (from the clash to nofx), jazz influanced hip hop (ie the roots, pharcyde, beastie boys)

hmmm sounds alot like a sublime album :righton:

oh and really old country like rockabilly stuff ;)

danielzink
February 18th 2004, 23:44
a sampling of what's in my car right now:
Korn
Texas Tornadoes
Blanche
Goober and the Peas
Probot
3 Motorhead Cd's
Rotating Satriani Cd's
Neil Diamonds greatest hits
The Who Ultimate collection
Rotating Pink Floyd Cd's (3 or 4 at a time)
Kung Fu Diesel
Cinderella
Dink
I.C.P.
Led Zeppelin
Iggy Pop - at any given time...3 or 4 different...he is.......the godfather of punk...

Let's see...............that about covers 1 cd case......

Supa Ninja
February 19th 2004, 02:53
Here's what I listen to about 90% of the time, the other 10% is off the wall whatever I feel like. ICP, Twiztid, Blaze, Zug Izland, Cooley Killz, and Fall Guy. Ya I'm a Juggalo.

Nick

super vw
February 19th 2004, 03:20
I listen to punk rock, ska, some metal and some electronic.
Mainly punk though.
Bands like, Dropkick-M, disastars, the casualties, voodoo glow skuls, NOFX, Rancid, Bad relegion, Anti-flag, operation ivy, lagwagon, black-flag, AAA.... that stuff :righton:

super vw
February 19th 2004, 03:22
Here's what I listen to about 90% of the time, the other 10% is off the wall whatever I feel like. ICP, Twiztid, Blaze, Zug Izland, Cooley Killz, and Fall Guy. Ya I'm a Juggalo.

Nick
You would get along with my bro... hes into the ICP, twizted and Kotton Mouth kings crap... crap is only my opinion ;)

Supa Ninja
February 19th 2004, 03:56
Sounds like your friend has good taste. I used to be into KMK but since i'm a non smoker I just don't feel it.

thomas_niji
February 19th 2004, 04:37
OK my preference/choice

Pet Shop Boys, Depeche Mode

Coldplay, Travis

Jamiroquai

Ferry Corsten, Sasha, ATB, John Digweed (these are DJs though)

Sometimes I would listen to chinese pop.....I am a Chinese to start with......

It is interesting to see what others listen. :laugh:

vujade
February 19th 2004, 08:17
OK my preference/choice

Pet Shop Boys, Depeche Mode

Coldplay, Travis

Jamiroquai

Ferry Corsten, Sasha, ATB, John Digweed (these are DJs though)

:laugh:

Sounds like you are into progressive house/trance.

I am a big fan of Sasha & Digweed too. I also like Paul Oakenfold too.

craazy Cooter
February 19th 2004, 11:13
I listen to old school punk, like Dead kennedys, 90's 'classic' alternative,
I hate trance, techno is only good if it's german, I like classic rock, and most of all bands like metallica and white zombie, slayer, guns and roses, early korn etc. I am a musician so I only like REAL music. Not over produced pop stuff. Blink 182 makes me want to start fires randomly.

volksdragon
February 19th 2004, 23:13
I listen to punk rock, ska, some metal and some electronic.
Mainly punk though.
Bands like, Dropkick-M, disastars, the casualties, voodoo glow skuls, NOFX, Rancid, Bad relegion, Anti-flag, operation ivy, lagwagon, black-flag, AAA.... that stuff :righton:

good choices sounds like my music directory :righton:

Ron Roberts
February 22nd 2004, 14:55
Dell 45s for me. I even get to play them. :)

Ron

super vw
February 22nd 2004, 14:59
:righton: ... i havent got my dellorto 40's in the mail yet, im hoping soon, then we could play together :D hahahaha

TitoRay
February 22nd 2004, 19:13
I listen to mostly hip-hop. Nothing from the radio, though. Nelly, 50 cent, etc., etc., are just unacceptable to me.
I also listen to a little bit of trance, techno, drum and bass. My best friend who moved here from England got me hooked about 6 years ago. It makes me wanna drive fast! :D I have a refined list of no more than about 25 "trance/techno" songs that I'll listen to, from Robert Miles, to B.T., to The Cynic Project.
Outkast is by far my favorite musical entity, been obsessed since '94. Don't argue their greatness in my presence! ;)
I also like some of the stuff from Rob Zombie, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Metallica, System of a Down, stuff that pumps me up, well, makes me wanna drive fast. . .even more so! :agree:

yetibone
February 23rd 2004, 20:00
One word...

Four letters...

RUSH

I had the priviledge of jamming for a year with a drummer who had Neil Peart charts hard-wired to memory :D He was in a Rush cover band for a number of years during the '80's. We almost had "Natural Science" locked down until he had to move to Penn. :mad:

My taste in tunes is pretty wide. I listen to rock, hard rock, heavy metal, classic rock, some old school rap, corn shuckin' bluegrass (the faster the better too), some folk music, mostly Bob Dylan in that category.

I don't like country, pop/top 40, or much electronic music. I really don't like over produced "radio rock" like Matchbox 20, Eve 6, or many other bands that incorperate a number into there name :rolleyes:

Yetibone

volksdragon
February 23rd 2004, 22:26
One word...

Four letters...

RUSH

Yetibone

hehe i'm from the same town as neil pert. my mom used to do his moms hair.
and my first drum kick was a hand me down metal flake red
5pc pearl kifrom neil himself. to bad my dad sold it. cause he couldn't stand the drumming :bawling:

miller
April 2nd 2004, 18:39
Im into rock aswell. Pantera, led zepp and pink floyd. Lots of euro death metal is good like Opeth, Dream theater, and iced earth.

yetibone
April 2nd 2004, 19:05
I also dig Dream Theater, for the compositional intricacy of their music.

Honestly, listening to them makes me want to bash my Les Paul to mahogany splinters, then curl up and cry. Nobody does scales like John Petrucci.

yetibone
April 2nd 2004, 19:08
hehe i'm from the same town as neil pert. my mom used to do his moms hair.
and my first drum kick was a hand me down metal flake red
5pc pearl kifrom neil himself. to bad my dad sold it. cause he couldn't stand the drumming :bawling:

Did she give Neill his first mullet? :laugh:

Seriously though, that's far out! Too bad you don't have that kick drum anymore :mad:

Supa Ninja
April 16th 2004, 23:26
I got a couple of additions to the music I listen to. I saw TechN9ne a few months back in concert and my wig got blown right off my head, man is he talented, and lately I've been listening to some Wu-Tang Clan who are off the chain also. If you all get a chance check out Dark Lotus: Black Rain it's very fresh.

Nick

miller
April 17th 2004, 05:11
A great band to listen to is minibosses. Rock covers of all your favorite NEW games

undecided
May 25th 2004, 22:29
a little late, but whatever, i'm bored.

lots of old punk and hardcore, lots of new hardcore (darkest hour is the best band palying today. check em out. victoryrecords.com darkesthour.com), lots of slayer, a smattering of euro death metal (in flames, at the gates), some fugazi, some jesus lizard, murder city devils, and the requisite johnny cash and hank williams sr.

and that pretty much sums it up.

so am i cool now? how about now?

ShApE
May 26th 2004, 00:45
incubus
sublime
bob marley
dream theater (mike portnoy is a god)
liquid tension experiment (basically same as above)
steve miller
blackalicious
mos def
talib kweli
bobby womack
linkin park (only the one song "Faint")
the rapture
throw rag
harry dash

im a drummer so that definately influences my choice of music.

Mikey 1972GL
May 26th 2004, 01:24
I listen to most kinds of music. Rock, Metal, Noise-Metal, Hardcore. The bands are... (not in any order)
Slipknot
Korn
Dead to Fall
Norma Jean (Luti-Kriss - not the raper, Norma Jean's old band name :) )
Remembering Never
Everytime I Die
TOOL
Nirvana
Dave Matthews Band :cool:
Snot
Factory 81
Linkin Park
The Deftones
Soulfly
Kittie
Dead Percetion of Beauty
Perfect Nothing
Subliminal Brown - local band www.subliminalbrown.com
Audioslave
Bleeding Though
Posin the Well
Beastie Boys

That's about all I can think of right now :rolleyes: I LOVE music. Playing, or listening. Music is great. I'm a real big fan of the oldies. :D THE best music on the radio. I listen to other music too, but those are the bands I really like.

Mike

Eurolook71
May 26th 2004, 04:08
music, hmm, dont go a day without...

in my cd player now...5 disc

311, first album (old!)
yellowcard-new one
the ataris-new one
sublime-40oz
afi-sing the sarrow

more stuff....

something corporate, the used, trust co, incubus, saves the day, rufio, chevelle, linkin park, SKA (reel big fish, buck-o-nine, less than jake)

classic rock--rolling stones, steve miller, beatles, the who, etc..

drum and bass--LOVE diesel boy

cant stand rap, except at a club
and i dont get this rockabilly thing....but i like oldies