PDA

View Full Version : Security should have been 1st priority

thomas_niji
February 25th 2004, 05:50
So, my bug was broken into already.

I consider that kind of fast, especially I have not done anything spectacular to my bug yet.

Got my dremel, angle grinder and jig saw stolen.

They must have tried to start my car, and then screwed up, because I can't start it now.

:bawling: :bawling:

I hate thieves! hate them hate them hate them!

vujade
February 25th 2004, 09:15
that sux! I hate them also. I have been broken into a couple of times over the years. :mad: :banghead:

boygenius
February 25th 2004, 20:18
That sucks big time. :mad:

Sorry to hear that. :(

Supa Ninja
February 25th 2004, 20:21
last year on my birthday, scum broke into my super and stole my cd player, craftman socket set and the knob from my scat shifter. Happy Birthday to me.

Nick

thomas_niji
February 26th 2004, 03:03
that sux supa ninja
at least it's not my birthday......
:(
thinking about alarm + manual starter cut off switch
i am considering the alarms on ebay.... are they useful/good at all?

zen
February 26th 2004, 09:41
that sucks!!! i have often tried to think about just how different the world would be without theives. you will find it surprising just how long you can do that and keep coming up with things that would be different.

i have yet to consider more layered sercurity for my car. no door handles is a great start! :D i have an alarm system. i would like to add a keyed battery cutoff too.

samcat
February 26th 2004, 10:12
That really sucks :(

Security ideas:
Alarm with at least two sirens, one in engine bay somewhere and one INSIDE the car.... additionally you could run a third one under the bonnet.
Security film on the windows (makes it very hard to break the glass).
GOOD steering wheel lock.
Those locking berg shifters look good... Never used one so :confused:. They any good?
Flashing led clearly visible on the dashboard (great deterrent)
Plan on building the stereo as hidden as possible. Stereo glove box is good, as are the front kick panel speaker mounts (puts it kinda under the dashboard out of sight)

NEVER leave anything valuable visible.
NEVER run the stereo when you are leaving the streets where you live/5 mins from where you are gonna park. never know who is listening....

Cya,
Sam C

Supa Ninja
February 26th 2004, 10:18
The theives tried picking the door lock but when that didn't work they went through the wind wing. If your still running wind wings, then wind wing locks are a good idea. Also popouts in the out position are very easy to break in with. You just need to remove that little e clip and then you'll be able reach the door lock.

Nick

justdubbin
February 26th 2004, 14:52
B@$tards, they need stringing up & shooting http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/armed/ar15.gif
I feel for you, I've had two cars stolen nearly £18,000 worth then stitched up by the insurance company http://www.starlet-club.de/smile/argh.gif

Rob.

thomas_niji
February 28th 2004, 03:26
Wow Rob that's big money :eek:

Samcat I didn't know that an angle grinder, a jig saw and a dremel would be "valuable". For a college student like me it is big money, but $70 worth of tools? Anyone with a job would be able to pay that sum without any problems...........

Well at least I can start the car now......turn out it's just the battery went dead becoz they left my passenger door open, and the dome light drained the battery......

NO_H2O
February 28th 2004, 09:22
Alarms and security devices will make the punk @$$ theif think again and sometimes it will just piss them off and they will do more damage. But if the pro's want it they will get it. A recovery system might be good idea. and parking in well lighted areas with lots of people around is a smart thing to do even with an alarm.

craigt-from-atl
March 22nd 2004, 14:39
Wow Rob that's big money :eek:

Samcat I didn't know that an angle grinder, a jig saw and a dremel would be "valuable". For a college student like me it is big money, but $70 worth of tools? Anyone with a job would be able to pay that sum without any problems...........

Well at least I can start the car now......turn out it's just the battery went dead becoz they left my passenger door open, and the dome light drained the battery......

You never know what is 'valuable' in someone else's eyes. I've got friends that had their windows broken over some loose change in thier change trays. I guess it also depends on where you live.

I always attempt to at least hide all my valuables if they are left in my car.

thomas_niji
March 22nd 2004, 20:59
yea i know better now.......

parking my car in a relatively safer neighborhood......
the only valuable now left with the car is, well, the car itself....

i even took the extra motor oil with me... :(

miller
March 23rd 2004, 22:52
I guess in some part in africa their is a product that will have a fireball explode out of your trunk/hood wherever that will not kill the robber but might blind them or singe them. Not legal anywhere else but hey its nice to know that their is one place in the world that gets its revenge on theifs.

justdubbin
March 24th 2004, 03:45
I guess in some part in africa their is a product that will have a fireball explode out of your trunk/hood wherever that will not kill the robber but might blind them or singe them. Not legal anywhere else but hey its nice to know that their is one place in the world that gets its revenge on theifs.

Heres a link to Quick time movie FLAME THROWER (http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812/11/flame.thrower.car/240x180.html)

Rob.

thomas_niji
March 24th 2004, 17:43
:eek: wow that is horrible......what if it malfunction and throw the flame when i open the car door?

Pablo
March 24th 2004, 18:40
Thats one hot chick, :D

seriously, its ridiculous

samcat
March 24th 2004, 19:55
And here's a piccie of the more advanced version...

http://members.lycos.co.uk/vdubhub/a_temp/BoomSplit.jpg

:laugh:

Cya,
Sam C