PDA

View Full Version : gl manx pics

scottystraub
March 15th 2004, 21:43
took a few pics of my gl manx project, what do you guys think??

vujade
March 15th 2004, 22:02
looking good so far....what all have you done to it? :agree:

zen
March 16th 2004, 10:26
very nice scotty. love the color.

Rob
March 16th 2004, 12:24
Very cool.
Always liked the buggies.... Have to get me one of these on day :D

Are you going to put side pods on it or leave the sides like they are ?

Rob.

SuperRSi
March 16th 2004, 13:13
Scott,

Very nice. I like the way the wheels and tires look.

I am building a yellow GL Manx Sig and its nice to see someone with about the same ideas. Hmm I also have a black GL Super convert like yours. You seem to be about 6 months to a year ahead in getting yours ready. I will post some new pictures of my Manx when I get the MBT rear uni-ball in and can set it down on the wheels.

Randy

scottystraub
March 16th 2004, 21:56
no side pods, but it has silver carbon fiber side panels that carbon joe made for me, it is hard to see in the pic, but it looks sweet in person, he also made me silver carbon valve covers for the motor also ! i will attach a pic. thanks for the comments guys !!

scottystraub
March 16th 2004, 22:02
my green manx can be driven now, i am also building another manx, it is going to be yellow like yours! i hope that isnt a problem, lol . i got some black 996 rims and i think they will look good with a yellow car, the pan is a roller i just have to go pick up the body. there are some pics of the rolling pan for my new car in my profile. thanks again guys !!

Steve Arndt
March 18th 2004, 15:58
Very cool looking Manx! Did you build the cage yourself? How is it tied in?

scottystraub
March 29th 2004, 19:56
the cage is the normal vw bug 6 point, $50 at the swapp meet! i just chopped the bottom off to make it lower and the welded it up and bolted it to the floor pan. cheap ans easy, the way i like it.

NO_H2O
April 1st 2004, 18:36
I just saw it on Ebay........whats up? :confused:

scottystraub
April 1st 2004, 20:55
your right, i just put it on e bay! i go through cars quick so i build and sell, my black 79 gl vert is with its new owner in new york! i am half way done with my next gl manx project, so the green car is going to be sold, and i will start looking for another car!! i like to have 2 in the works at once, it keeps me out of trouble. i was thinking of doing a gl thing next, hows that sound?? thanks for the comments guys !