PDA

View Full Version : looking for some carbon options?

BA.BARACUS
March 24th 2004, 19:29
I know that carbonjoe is on vacation right now and is not taking any new orders, or taking any e-mails, so I was wondering from people who have experience, how do joe's prices match up to other companies like CSP and Airkewld?

I am looking to purchase both door and rear panels as well as a running board for my 57 oval.

so far the only company that I can find that does the rear panels is csp, and they are very pricey.

if anyone can help out, that would be super. thanks alot.

:agree:

Supa Ninja
March 24th 2004, 20:07
First off nice screen name Mr. T. Carbon Joe has very competitive prices, the wait is worth it.

Nick

boygenius
March 24th 2004, 20:19
www.aircooled.net sells the CF door panels from remelle. although I have heard bad things about the availability of remelle products. :bawling:

vujade
March 24th 2004, 21:36
www.aircooled.net sells the CF door panels from remelle. although I have heard bad things about the availability of remelle products. :bawling:

ac.net does not sell any of Remmele stuff anymore, they had trouble getting stuff. Plus i heard over on STF that Remmele is going out of business.

Carbon Joes stuff was lower priced then anything available in Europe.

boygenius
March 24th 2004, 22:07
ac.net does not sell any of Remmele stuff anymore, they had trouble getting stuff. Plus i heard over on STF that Remmele is going out of business.

Carbon Joes stuff was lower priced then anything available in Europe.

I also heard that they were going out of business but figured that ac.net might have some of the parts in stock... :bawling:

BA.BARACUS
March 25th 2004, 01:53
I think I will wait for joe, I am in no hurry, I can drive around with no door panels for a while.

does anyone know how long is a while? hehe

Also, does joe do any custom orders? and is it super pricey?

I would love to see a roof rack with the wood panels replaced with carbon fiber......hmmmmmmm :p

just wondering, not every day you see that!

beesquad711
March 25th 2004, 02:19
Does anybody know of any less expensive places to get CF parts in the states?

I'm starting to price this project out and one of the big concers is what to do about CF vs. fiberglass vs. stock sheetmetal.

Thanks for the help

Brandon

Supa Ninja
March 25th 2004, 02:36
There is a guy on thesamba.com who is selling CF dashboards. I'm waiting on him to make mine. It's real cheap. I'll let everyone know how it turns out. So far Carbon Joe is the cheapest.

VRSICK
May 13th 2004, 19:29
I remember carbon joe posting one time that he was planning on doing a cf porsche style deck lid. Wish he would have made some available before he went MIA, i really wanted one before show season...

oasis
May 21st 2004, 10:36
I genuinely hope I am not taken the wrong way by saying this, but am I the only person who doubts Carbon Joe is returning?

I don't know Carbon Joe. I have not talked to Carbon Joe. My feelings are totally based on the postings over the past several months including the last month or so of when Carbon Joe was posting.

super vw
May 21st 2004, 14:38
IM sure he will be, i talked with him last week... hes been real busy working long hours on a new job.

Later,
Jonathan

zen
May 22nd 2004, 08:03
having done his website and having to work through each product and pricing, i can tell you he was by far the cheapest and not at the sacrifice of quality either. he will be back. just don't know at what production level. it is his hobby, not his job. makes a big difference.

i would recommend you check out LA Performance (http://www.laperformance.co.uk). be sure to evaluate the pricing right since they have VAT over there. i think you may find them a good source.

70dragbug
June 8th 2004, 09:59
Hi everybody,

Well, I´ve ordered from Carbon Joe last October and I still haven´t got all the stuff I ordered from him.However, the quality is excellent and yes he is alot cheaper as much as 175% cheaper than anyone in Europe.
I am also a friend of Remmele and he´s not out of business.He is giving up his business in France and moving back to Germany, regardless of the rumors you may hear he and his business are financially sound.He´s in the process of buying a place in Germany.Aircooled VW´s isn´t his only market.He does a lot carbonfiber stuff for various cars and race cars.He should be back up and running with a much bigger selection of products within the next 3 to 4 months.
CSP Carbonfiber products are very $$$$ Their dashboard in CF is 299 Euros,Joe´s is $80.Simple math.I ordered a CF fanhousing from CSP and the quality was sh** and I paid 372 Euros for it!! :mad:
Sorry for the long post guys.

-Mark-

Kataplun
August 4th 2004, 01:20
hey does Carbon Joe ship to the Dominican Republic :D

Carbon Joe
August 22nd 2004, 11:01
hey does Carbon Joe ship to the Dominican Republic :D

Yes, I can ship to the Dominican Republic.

SuperRSi
August 22nd 2004, 11:23
Hey Carbon Joe,

I am confused. You are not building anything now, but you can ship to the DR? Are you still building product but at a low level? Are you taking new orders now?

Thanks,

Randy

Carbon Joe
August 22nd 2004, 13:38
Sorry for the confusion, yes I'm taking orders and making parts again but at a low level. I'm working on getting my site back also.

Kataplun
August 24th 2004, 12:47
so joe how much for a 1972 SB CF front hood ?
and must i send you the money through western union or so ?

super vw
August 24th 2004, 16:45
As far as i know Joe dosnt have any CF hoods in the works... Corect me if im wrong some one.

Jonathan

Carbon Joe
August 25th 2004, 00:09
Your right Jonathan, I'm not making hoods I'm trying to get the 911 dash done first..

SuperRSi
September 24th 2004, 00:34
70DragBug,

Keep us posted on the new Remmele shop and whether or not he will sell to the US and deliver in a reasonable length of time. I need 1303 wide front and rear fenders of CF that will not be painted. Also might look into hood and engine lid.

Thanks,

Randy

SilverBullet
September 24th 2004, 05:16
SupeRSI, your 03 vert has ac? or is it someday? Would love ac on my T4 but have not seen any nice conversion. :)

SuperRSi
September 24th 2004, 15:05
This convert has had A/C since 79 in many different forms. It originaly had the piston pump, and then in the mid-90's it was converted to a rotary pump with a bigger blower up front etc. This, of course, was on the original Type 1 engine. I started putting a FAT cooled T4 into the car, but this vector stopped when I bought Alex's engine kit early this year. I just got the Klaus shroud and engine case on Friday and will be designing a mount system for a rotary compressor using this shroud soon. I had to force a shop stoppage on the convertible to finish the Manx project. Hopefully it will roll out in the next two weeks and then back onto the convert. There are some other issues now on mounts such as does it carry the airconditioning compressor on the passenger side and the Eaton compressor on the drivers side...

We can build up the mounts in house. I usually am not a fan of most things that are offered as kits. I prefer to wait until I can do it right the first time.
So that usually takes alot more time(and money). I will keep you posted on the compressor mounts...

Thanks,

Randy