PDA

View Full Version : wanted: Kamei front spoiler

vw1303
March 25th 2004, 16:50
If anyone has an original or replica kamei style spoiler I would be interested.

email: volksfolks@hotmail.com

thanks

volksdragon
April 12th 2004, 01:16
go to johnsbugshop.com
they used to have listed nos kamei spoilers. but they are rebuilding the site. so try calling them. and good luck :agree:

Wild Willy
April 12th 2004, 11:14
Try this: http://www.beetleracing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_23&products_id=30
A long way from Vancouver, but give it a go! :o

volksdragon
April 12th 2004, 18:40
well if john's bug shop still has it they were only 75 u.s. and in canada

vw1303
April 14th 2004, 14:36
Thanks guys. John@aircooled.net said that he is selling them but he is asking 180 U.S. I will try to get in contact with johnsbugshop. I also in contact with a guy from spain but he said shipping would be like 300 euros.

vw1303
July 30th 2004, 20:27
anybody in north america please!! i really want this spoiler

NO_H2O
August 2nd 2004, 08:26
A friend (worked in a composite shop for a while) and I are starting work on a front spoiler that I hope will be a cross between a Kamei and an early Porsche RSR with an oil cooler shroud in the center to mount an RX7 or similar oil cooler in. we are also toying with the idea of a small vent scoop on either side. We hope to have a mold done by Sept. I am taking him a front bumper to scan into the computer so we can draw it up on the AutoCad and cut the mold with a 5 axis router so it will be spot on. He also has a source for carbon fiber materials and would like to branch out a little. It would be a 2 piece mold to pressure form the blank so it can be heated to cure the carbon fiber resin. If you have some time to wait maybe we can get one done for you. Right after I get mine done :D

super vw
September 2nd 2004, 20:20
Any new word on this project NoH20?

Martice
October 26th 2004, 15:39
Hi there,
I can offer you both original and replica spoilers.
The original is 100$ (USD) + shipping
The replica is 70$ (USD) + shipping
The insured air shipping cost to US is 35$ (USD) and it takes around 14 days to reach you. So, as an example, you would pay around 105$ in total for a replica spoiler. Even if this is not an original Kamei, its very good quality and reliable. If you can gather more people in your area that would like to buy a spoiler, shipping cost will go lower. For instance, for 3 spoilers its about 75$.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Best regards,
Martin

samcat
October 26th 2004, 16:00
The originals are made from ABS plastic, many aftermarket ones are fibreglass...

Fibreglass touches the ground a bit hard it will break.

ABS tends to bend then spring back into shape... MUCH more tolerant to a bit of abuse. Also with a plastic primer and good paint the paint will do the same!

Speaking from experience here, have had a fibreglass one, a genuine ABS plastic one and now a carbon fibre one...

Cya,
Sam C

LOAF
October 26th 2004, 16:08
Hey Martice.

I was just thinking about you and your spoilers.

I bought one from Martice, fiberglass. Pretty Good quality.. Unfortunately, not yet ready for the body..

Granted he's from overseas.. but he was true to his word.. No problems on delivery.. :)

PS Martice how is your bug coming..
ALex
NJ

super vw
October 27th 2004, 00:34
yeah, i have been wanting to get Martice's spoiler... but im not to that stage of my project JUST yet, i still do want to....

Later,
Jonathan

jonathan smith
February 15th 2005, 09:37
I got mine from http://www.roofbox.co.uk for £100 + 12.00pp
a real Kamei

kleinporsche
July 22nd 2005, 13:38
Any news about N0 h20's project of making a cross between a kamei and an ol' RS bumper? Would love to get my hands on one.
:rolleyes:

ECBug
July 22nd 2005, 17:36
I have a REAL Kamei spoiler on order that I will be selling when it arrives. I will only ask what I paid+ shipping. I am going in a different direction with my car. I think it should be about $160 + shipping Not sure yet. If anyone is interested Email me @ dean@ecbug.com

kleinporsche
July 27th 2005, 19:20
I want that Kamei spoiler ECbug. Please E-mail me at dlangdeau@hotmail.com. :D