PDA

View Full Version : Whipped up some side panels

NO_H2O
April 6th 2004, 12:38
Well I had some black vinyl that I got to cover a speaker cabinet(guitar) so I took a shot at making some door and side panels to match my new seats.
I used some 1/8 masonite, 1/2" foam, contact cement and the vinyl. They do look much nicer than the pix show, they have a leather look and feel.
They did smooth out after installation, the pix show were I pushed the clips into the door, but it fluffed back out.

jhelgesen
April 6th 2004, 14:17
Look good dave, what did you use to cut the masonite?

NO_H2O
April 6th 2004, 14:54
Thanks.
I used the table saw and Bosch jig saw to cut it and a brad point bit to do the drilling.
I stripped off a couple of old panels for a patern.

boygenius
April 6th 2004, 18:54
I like them. I might just do that when I'm ready for door panels. :D

thomas_niji
April 6th 2004, 19:37
Hi NO_H2O,

What kind of foam are those? Where did you get them?

Thanks
Thomas

NO_H2O
April 6th 2004, 20:04
I got the foam and the vinyl from Hand**** Fabric, a sewing store.

vujade
April 7th 2004, 07:54
looking good Dave... :agree:

zen
April 7th 2004, 12:54
they look great. all of the changes you have made since last year are really adding up.

yetibone
April 8th 2004, 23:03
Man, that interior rocks!

Uber Affe
April 30th 2004, 02:06
I love your interior man! What kinda seats are those?
Makes me wish I didn't have my 1303 dash...it is a nightmare. I'll probably just get a cheap interior from so-cal w/ no pocket panels, but I've been looking where to get a console set up like that. Did you build it yourself or is there a place that sells them? I keep seeing that kind "full/raised" looking centerpiece...sometimes w/ gauges and sometimes w/ just a stereo, but I can't seem to find a store that has them online or otherwise.
Anuy info would be very helpful w/ price if you happen to know!

thanks,

Gabriel Sainz (Das Uber Affe)

oasis
April 30th 2004, 07:59
Whipped 'em up, eh? Man, I wish I could whip something that gorgeous up. I'll be curious to see the answers to Uber Affe's questions. Well done.

NO_H2O
April 30th 2004, 08:01
Thanks. The seats are from a 2003 Celica GTS that was smacked in the front. I stripped the srings off a set of Bug seat bottoms, cut the 4 small mounting brackets off the Celica seat tracks and welded them to the Bug seat bottoms. Now I have double adjustments. Makes it real eazy to vacume the floor under the seats and get stuff in and out of the back. I can move the seats almost to the dash or to the back seat. :laugh: That comes in handy since I'm 6' 3".
The side panels were very eazy to make. I took some pix and will try to do a Tech Article on it when I get caught up. I failed to take pix of te seat conversion as I was in a hurry to get them in the day before our Southeastern Dyno Day. I need to get a back seat done to match the side panels. It is still the burgundy/grey and looks out of place. :rolleyes:

NO_H2O
April 30th 2004, 10:00
Oh, sorry......yes I made the console too.
But I have seen consoles for sale from other places.