PDA

View Full Version : Body/Paint Forum?

zen
April 17th 2004, 09:44
Do you guys want to see a Body/Paint forum? I don't see a whole lot of these questions running around, but thought it worth asking. Vote above.

beesquad711
April 17th 2004, 12:27
And maybe a miscellaneous forum for posts that don't fall under any other categories but don't fall under "off the topic" either.

boygenius
April 17th 2004, 18:13
Since there are not that many bodywork questions it might be easier to add bodywork/paint onto the interior/electrical forum.
INTERIOR/ELECTRICAL/BODYWORK AND PAINT... .Just a thought. :) ..

bugsoup
April 18th 2004, 23:25
I have had a few bodywork questions to ask, but I tend to go to other specialized sites to find the answers. Most bodywork questions are universal to all cars, unlike all the categories we have here.

However, if we did have a bodywork forum here, the site in general would be more valuable to those that do need ACVW specific answers. I personally think the Interior forum would become too cluttered if we add exterior technical issues to it. It's just my opinion from looking through other sites, that the individual areas, such as interior and exterior should be kept separate becasue they really have no topics in common.

I know people have other views that conflict with this, but consider that the point to having a category is to isolate related topics into one area.

boygenius
April 18th 2004, 23:46
I feel like a politicain. I already voted against it but now that I spent all day doing bodywork I had time to re-think my vote. I want to vote yes to the bodywork/paint forum. This time I won't change my mind again. :laugh:

NO_H2O
April 19th 2004, 18:43
What could it hurt. I don't know what it takes to link another section, but if it is not a big pain I say why not.

super vw
April 19th 2004, 22:39
I think it would be a good idea, I normaly go to the "shoptalkforums.com" for those questions, but having one here would be nice becuase it would involve more GL topics I supose.

I am with no-H20 on this, if its not a hassle or to big or a deal than why not Eh?

Later,
Jonathan

vujade
April 20th 2004, 07:03
I think its a good idea.
If your gonna have an interior forum, there should also be an exterior forum.

miller
April 22nd 2004, 03:03
It should also include bodykits. And maybe we could get some discussion how to make stuff in carbon fibre cause I know most you guys really wanna know how as do I.

super vw
April 22nd 2004, 10:16
It should also include bodykits. And maybe we could get some discussion how to make stuff in carbon fibre cause I know most you guys really wanna know how as do I.

For sure, learning how to lay carbon fiber would ne neat... expensive though, raw materials still seam to cost a lot.

Miller, where are you in Oregon?

zen
April 22nd 2004, 10:57
i've seen enough then. i will add the forum as soon as i get a chance. it will be intended for all body work (including kits, panels, spoilers, etc), paint, exterior type info. note though that there is a fibre forum for questions specific to those technologies. this may even cause some confusion of where to post, but i would expect the the fibre forum would be specific to the how-to, etc of the craft.

super vw
April 24th 2004, 21:47
Right on! Cant wait... Thanks ZEN!

Jonathan

miller
April 25th 2004, 02:08
i live in Tualatin, Oregon.

Be expecting more posts in the carbonfibre section. Hopefully we all can get the help we deserve.

Mikey 1972GL
April 28th 2004, 01:49
I would have to vote yes :agree:

I forgot why, but it sounds like a good idea :confused:

E-boyz67
May 8th 2004, 15:44
Aloha guys I'm from Hawaii and just got on board this site so I'm the new guy but not new to Vdubs. I see that this site is thinking about having a body/paint forum and thats great go for it.I make my living in this field so hope I can help in any way.

zen
May 8th 2004, 17:40
welcome E. glad to have you in the community.