PDA

View Full Version : Window tint on lexan???

boygenius
April 19th 2004, 15:38
Is it possable to tint lexan windows. I want to tint the rear quaters and the rear windows to help keep the car cooler in the summer. Anybody tried that before. :confused:

jhelgesen
April 19th 2004, 16:32
Why not just cut new ones from pre-tinted lexan? Otherwise, yes, window film should work, but don't know if the adhesive might react with the lexan after a while. You won't be able to get it off, ever.

boygenius
April 19th 2004, 22:36
Where do I get pre-tinted lexan???

jhelgesen
April 19th 2004, 23:06
Let me check some catalogs at the office. You would be looking for smoked polycarbonate. It's available in tons of colors and styles, just have to find the right one, and someone willing to sell you a single sheet or a few small pieces.

boygenius
April 20th 2004, 19:07
Cool thanks... Don't worry about looking too hard I won't be needing the windows for at least a few months.

zen
April 20th 2004, 20:24
i have pre-tinted lexan in my rear window, but i guess at 1:00 in the morning that was a little tough to see. :) i will be using it in my quarters soon. i bought it from your average glass shop in town. i think the rear cut to size was around $20-$30. and i think they wanted $30 for both quarters. aircooled.net sells full kits i think, but don;t think they are tinted.

boygenius
April 20th 2004, 23:27
i have pre-tinted lexan in my rear window, but i guess at 1:00 in the morning that was a little tough to see.

aircooled.net sells full kits i think, but don;t think they are tinted.

Only 1:00 in the morning, it felt alot later than that. Oh well I slept the whole way up and back down. :rolleyes:

The reasos I ask if you can tont lexan is that I have a few good size pieces laying around my garage. I would prefer to use the free stuff. :laugh:

boygenius
April 20th 2004, 23:28
i have pre-tinted lexan in my rear window, but i guess at 1:00 in the morning that was a little tough to see.

aircooled.net sells full kits i think, but don;t think they are tinted.

Only 1:00 in the morning, it felt alot later than that. Oh well I slept the whole way up and back down. :rolleyes:

The reason I ask if you can tint lexan is that I have a few good size pieces laying around my garage. I would prefer to use the free stuff. :laugh: