PDA

View Full Version : June Get-Together

zen
April 21st 2004, 22:39
we decided in our monthly meeting tonight to wrap a VKG get-together around the Heart of Dixie show which occurs June 19th in north Atlanta area. we only chose this since we were talking about hanging out in helen, ga doing some mountain driving, go carting, eating/drinking and maybe seeing jake's place if he can swing it.

so need to know if you will make it and what day or night we should do the north GA thing. i wish the show were on sunday so we could do the north GA thing on saturday, but no such luck. i would think the north GA thing is a good half day. so i don't see friday night working. sunday could work, but i am thinking that everyone is going to want to bail and take the long ride home after a full saturday at a show.

so my vote goes to maybe a casual get-together friday night for those already in town. do the car show early on saturday. head out of there around noon (oh, miss the awards) and head up to helen. it is about 45 mins to an hour from the show. that gives us the full afternoon up there, have dinner and whatever. hotels are abundant up there. so maybe even arrange a hosting hotel and make a how evening of it and then everyone head out sunday for home.

boygenius
April 21st 2004, 22:53
I'm up for anything except leap frog. ;)

Seriously, I'll whoop all your buts at go-karting. :laugh:

Bring it on... :p

vujade
April 22nd 2004, 08:14
I'll whoop all your buts at go-karting. :laugh:

Bring it on... :p

You haven't gone up against me :D

NO_H2O
April 22nd 2004, 08:33
I'm up for whatever the out of town folks want to do.

kenfyoozed
April 22nd 2004, 09:08
im sure ill need the time for the ride back sunday. i say cut out early.

jhelgesen
April 22nd 2004, 10:20
Yeah, most shows are done by noon anyway (unless we are there :) )

Mid afternoon is good for hitting the road on Sunday. Plenty of time for fun.

yetibone
April 22nd 2004, 18:28
Yeah, but no speedos. :laugh:

A long haired, skinny man like me running naked thru the Georga woods may get the attention of the local authorities. :eek:

zen
April 22nd 2004, 18:34
cool. pretty good concensus and looks like we will have pretty good attendance. i don't mind arranging a hotel in Helen if you guys want. i may even stay if there will be late night partying.

let me know if you want me to arrange and how many of you will be staying there. i am sure they will be asking in order to figure out the rate.

boygenius
April 23rd 2004, 02:19
You haven't gone up against me :D

Although I have driven with you and that scared the crap out of me. :laugh:

I just got aflack insurance through work so I have no fear... ;)

Like I said.... Bring it on... :p

NO_H2O
April 23rd 2004, 07:28
Due to a blown out disc I have in my neck betwenn C-5 and C-6 go-carting is not on my list of things to do but I will be there getting pix of the action. :rolleyes:

zen
April 23rd 2004, 09:02
fair warning if jake is behind you at any point. i still feel the whiplash. :laugh:

prepare to go home with bruises too. it takes everything you got to stay in those seats. the track is an "B" pattern. they are propane fueled and pretty damn fast for the small track. lap traffic is fun. you will walk off with all kinds of dirty looks.