PDA

View Full Version : Kersher brakes...

75frankenbeetle
July 29th 2002, 22:28
Anybody using these? I've seen them advertised in Volksworld and I have a brochure from them. They are advertised as TUV approved and made in Germany. Must be good quality. I guess the biggest problem would be shipping to the states and replacement parts. Would it just be easier to run Porsche brakes?

Superman
July 29th 2002, 23:21
The shipping could get real expensive. Depends, if your car is a 1302/03 Super I'd suggest the Porsche brakes since they are easy to mount.

deutschlooker
August 14th 2002, 15:04
Actually the kerscher brake kit is aleady being imported to the US by aircooled.net with kerscher discs and porsche boxster calipers, I hear the kit is great for bugs and ghias

Alex
August 14th 2002, 16:06
I actually had a complete setup front and rear that I got from Ahnendorp. Shipping was pretty fair for 2 week delivery. You do not pay the 16% taxes...so you can deduct that from all advertised prices on their website. You can also get it from CSP USA. Aircooled.net sells the front Remmele kit that consits just of the Kerscher vented disk.
I sold it to a friend of mine here in Toronto....since I went crazy.

Alex

deutschlooker
August 16th 2002, 01:41
they only sell the rotors?!!??!?! I just looked today and they had the whole kit for front and rear for $4100(pricey!) w/ porsche calipers

Alex
August 16th 2002, 07:20
For 4100$ I believe you get the full Porsche brakesfrom a 993.
The kit you refer too is a lot less than that and is only for the front with the Boxster calipers and it uses the Kerscher vented rotors. I checked at aircooled.net but it seems those items are not listed anymore.

You can get the Kerscher fronts for about 600$ shipped and the rears for about 700$ from Germany. Not sure how much they are at CSP USA.

Alex

kohi30
August 21st 2002, 00:56
:confused: Do you have to pay a duty tax on them if they are shipped from Germany?

60'Ghia

Alex
August 21st 2002, 09:01
If the Kerschers are shipped from Germany you might have to pay duty. Some got lucks and parts form Germany slipped thru customs. So on 600$ you might have to pay the % that the US charge for duty.
Alex