PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Joe UK order - group buy

Angelo Amato
September 23rd 2002, 18:16
Joe asked me to post the question - who in the UK (only) wants what and would they be happy with one point of contact in the UK to deal with Joe, receive moneis from UK participaters, send money to Joe, receive goods and distribute as necessary/conveinent in the UK. Please post here so we can see who wants what and we could/will save a small fortune in shipping costs from US, as in my experiece it can screw you up !

I'd nominate Bren if he's up for it - he's known by all on the forums, or I'd be happy to deal with it also.

Thanks,

Angelo

Vyper
September 23rd 2002, 18:25
Originally posted by Angelo Amato

I'd nominate Bren if he's up for it - he's known by all on the forums, or I'd be happy to deal with it also.

I've already ordered stuff from Joe Angelo a number of times, Bren and I are due to finalise an order so I'd be up for it too. Everyone can pay Joe direclty through paypal and it's all good!

Just one thing though...... customs excess expect a wacking increase! I did and in bulk it's difficult to say it's a gift less than $32 in value!!!

So small orders may just be better.

Vyper

Angelo Amato
September 23rd 2002, 18:53
I hear yer vyper, I know - i got stung heavily for import tax on some CF goodies I bought for my other car, plus the shipping, doubled the cost of the goods.

Andy
September 24th 2002, 03:57
Hi, Good idea

I want to make an order, which is quite large, ready to order now.

Let me know when you want the order.

bren
September 24th 2002, 06:25
in theory its good, but like vyper says, i dont wanna get stung by customs due to the sheer size of the order..

i still havent heard from joe when my parts will be ready though..? im waiting on a roof spoiler and indicator tops that as far as im aware, still havent been put into production yet.. i dont wanna hold you guys up, so if your bits are in stock, go for it....

Vyper
September 24th 2002, 11:41
Originally posted by bren
in theory its good, but like vyper says, i dont wanna get stung by customs due to the sheer size of the order..

i still havent heard from joe when my parts will be ready though..? im waiting on a roof spoiler and indicator tops that as far as im aware, still havent been put into production yet.. i dont wanna hold you guys up, so if your bits are in stock, go for it....

Agreed, my large order about 4 months ago (firewall, dash parts etc) cost me $49 carriage and £50 customs excess.

As I've only got small bits to get the "gift" route is probably better for me.

Unless I order some good running boards to replace my CSP ones! ;)

Vyper

hot66
September 24th 2002, 15:22
I'm wanting some valve covers with breather outlets, when the design has been sorted out

alfiebug
September 24th 2002, 17:25
Sorry .... I'm skint at the mo but I want running boards and a 1303 dash between now and christmas ......and whats that I hear about a roof spoiler Mr Rayment? Could be a little interested in one of those bad boy things myself!

John

MattKab
September 24th 2002, 17:34
........I too want the RHD '03 dash strip. Alfie, maybe we could order together? same packaging must be cheaper ;)

Angelo Amato
September 24th 2002, 17:38
:mad: :mad: :o

alfiebug
September 24th 2002, 17:50
Where abouts are you Mr MattKab...My mum lives in Wallasey and my sister in Chester - I could probably pick up from you if you are near(ish). Can't for a month or so - funds!!:rolleyes:

Andy
September 25th 2002, 03:58
So what are we gaining from doing a joint buy??? Are we saving anything?

I need running boards, headlamp rings, sill covers and 1303 dash cover.

May be better if we all split the parts up and get Joe to put ribbons on them with "Merry Xmas" just to confuse customs and declare it as a gift.

samcat
September 25th 2002, 04:49
Hey there, just noticed this thread.

I will be after the following:

Headlamp rings (single bolt upright ones),
RHD 1303 dashboard bits,
running boards,
firewall kit,
K&N top and bottoms (pair as I have 2 K&N's),

erm, sure there's some other bits n bobs....

Cheers for now,
Sam C

Vyper
September 25th 2002, 12:47
Originally posted by samcat
Hey there, just noticed this thread.

I will be after the following:

Headlamp rings (single bolt upright ones),
RHD 1303 dashboard bits,
running boards,
firewall kit,
K&N top and bottoms (pair as I have 2 K&N's),

erm, sure there's some other bits n bobs....

Cheers for now,
Sam C

Sam: If you read the thread again you'll see that large orders will cost the earth due to customs. As suggested Pay Joe via Paypal and take delivery yourself, that way the person that orders pays the correct excess.

Andy: Nice idea buddy however "gift" parcels are upto and including $32 dollars in value, (when you order from Amazon.com now you realise why they ask if the cd is a GIFT! ;) )I don't think you'd get away with all your stuff you want as a gift? :silly: (even if it did have bows on!!)

Bren & I spoke briefly on it last night at Rayleigh Weir meet, the upshot is customs and excise will charge!

Makes no real odds either way. Oh yeah and they charge excess on your shipping costs too! Which aren't even the product you ordered! You get charged on your postal and shipping charges!

You pays your money you takes your choice, I've done my big ordering with Joe earlier this year so I wont be coming in on a joint order of any size as it'll cost to much.

Anyway whatever you guys do is cool.

Vyper

MattKab
September 25th 2002, 13:18
Originally posted by alfiebug
Where abouts are you Mr MattKab...My mum lives in Wallasey and my sister in Chester - I could probably pick up from you if you are near(ish). Can't for a month or so - funds!!:rolleyes:

I'm in Warrington.

Anyone going to New Brighton Rock this Sunday?

Maybe Joe could bring the CF over as gifts, with nothing to declare? ;)

So, the gamble is- Do we distcounted order one large box to one address and risk a hefty duty. Or order individually and pay the duty, and :D if we don't.

Matt

alfiebug
September 25th 2002, 13:45
I think we'll all have to do it seperately - been looking into it myself...expensive. Be good to see all Joe's stuff on show at the shows in the UK next year, particularly now I've seen the quality of some of the rides out there. Looking forward to it.

Wish I was going to New Brighton...long way from Kent though!!

hot66
September 25th 2002, 16:34
I'm happy to order seperatley & run the risk of duty's etc.

Angelo Amato
September 26th 2002, 19:26
Originally posted by MattKab
I'm in Warrington.

Anyone going to New Brighton Rock this Sunday?

Maybe Joe could bring the CF over as gifts, with nothing to declare? ;)

So, the gamble is- Do we distcounted order one large box to one address and risk a hefty duty. Or order individually and pay the duty, and :D if we don't.

Matt

Give us a shout Matt, I'll be in my blue 98 passat we can chat :)

Vyper
September 26th 2002, 19:28
Originally posted by alfiebug
I think we'll all have to do it seperately - been looking into it myself...expensive. Be good to see all Joe's stuff on show at the shows in the UK next year, particularly now I've seen the quality of some of the rides out there. Looking forward to it.

Wish I was going to New Brighton...long way from Kent though!!

John you've seen Joe's stuff for Chorlton it rocks!!

Can't wait for next season meself!!

:silly: