PDA

View Full Version : Carbon fiber 911 style dash for standard.

boygenius
May 12th 2004, 01:39
What do you guys think of this for a dash concept. I am now planning on using a piece of carbon fiber and trimming it into the general shape of the 911 dash. I would then trace out the pattern on my metal dash and remove the metal from the inside area. I would leave just enough metal to create tabs to hold the CF panel in place. Basicly the CF panel would be mounted flush with the painted metal dash without a dsah cover. I will install some 914 gauges and maybe a few autometer gauges to cover all my gauge needs. What do you guys think?? opinions???

NO_H2O
May 12th 2004, 07:52
That sounds cool.

Uber Affe
May 12th 2004, 15:47
This company is selling fibre glass dashes pretty cheap.
He says he's going to have a 911 dash next month.

check out the stuff he has now...not too shabby.

http://glass-action.com/bug.html#unique

He said he can do a group order w/ a lower price too.

boygenius
May 12th 2004, 19:01
I'll wait and see what his dash looks like but I don't think I will like it. I'm not a real big fan of the bulky fiber glass dash. :)

justdubbin
May 13th 2004, 17:05
What do you guys think of this for a dash concept. I am now planning on using a piece of carbon fiber and trimming it into the general shape of the 911 dash. I would then trace out the pattern on my metal dash and remove the metal from the inside area. I would leave just enough metal to create tabs to hold the CF panel in place. Basicly the CF panel would be mounted flush with the painted metal dash without a dsah cover. I will install some 914 gauges and maybe a few autometer gauges to cover all my gauge needs. What do you guys think?? opinions???

I think it will look terrible, horrible & nasty .....................What do you mean jealous .... me, well just a little ;) , I love CF,
On a serious note it sounds very cool, if you've got the ability & skill to do it go for it, there’s nothing better than something unique that has been crafted by your own hands.

I can't wait to see some pictures if you decide to go for it.

super vw
May 13th 2004, 17:56
Sounds neat, would love to see it done.
Carbon Joe is supost to be working on a dash for me modeled after the 911 dash, all in carbonfiber. he is supost to be done with it very soon but i havent talked to him in a few weeks so im not to sure on his progress. When he is back to making products im sure he will have them available.

His site is Carbonjoe.com i think

Later,
Jonathan

boygenius
May 13th 2004, 19:18
I think it will look terrible, horrible & nasty .....................What do you mean jealous .... me, well just a little ;) , I love CF,
On a serious note it sounds very cool, if you've got the ability & skill to do it go for it, there’s nothing better than something unique that has been crafted by your own hands.

I can't wait to see some pictures if you decide to go for it.

I am bidding on some 914 gauges on ebay right now so if I win the auction I will make a fiber board mock up. I'll take some pictures then. ;)

boygenius
May 13th 2004, 19:21
Sounds neat, would love to see it done.
Carbon Joe is supost to be working on a dash for me modeled after the 911 dash, all in carbonfiber. His site is Carbonjoe.com i think

Later,
Jonathan

His website is still shut down. :( www.carbonjoe.net