PDA

View Full Version : More retro bits-Need opinions

Uber Affe
May 17th 2004, 01:47
OK...
So here's my idea.
Porsche Spyder type louvered plate. ( I really like it)
I could make it out of a spare 1303 front end.
the other thought...A removable rear apron.
I will definitely do this, but does it look stupid in a bare metal finish? Same color?
I wanted to put holes in it and someone recomended louvres instead. I think I like it better just plain, but if I go with holes it might look a bit funky.
I don't think I like the "venting". Holes still look better to me, but a solid piece seems to be the best especially if itis going to be removable.
Any thoughts?

thanks,

G. Sainz

boygenius
May 17th 2004, 10:27
I think I like the rear apron without louvers better than the one with them. It looks too cluttered with the louvers and they are directional. Look at some of the drag car beetles because they use slots in their rear ends, just for another idea. I still like the holes but I'm not to sure how they would look on your car's style.

super vw
May 17th 2004, 22:27
Yeah, i dont know about THAT formation of slots, but if you do it so it progresivly gets taller at the ends (kinda like on an oval, behind the rear window) it might look neat.
Photo shop that.... or try other ideas!

Personaly i like rear aprons smooth with no cutouts, if you have a non stock exhaust/ no tail pipes coming from the cutouts. but if you have tail pipes coming from the cutouts its nice (like stock).

Later,
Jonathan

super vw
May 17th 2004, 23:31
OoooOoooOooo!

http://www.kolumbus.fi/tommi.nylund/gerbiili/doitsit1.jpg

Another idea ;)

Uber Affe
May 18th 2004, 03:00
Hey neat! I kinda like that, but how well will a bit like that hold up as a removable apron? I guess I don't have to actualy cut out a whole lot though. maybe three medium sized meshed holes? Hmmmm...
So what's that thing ya got goin on in the engine bay?
A cappuccino machine? heheh...Looks complicated.
I'll be using the stock cut outs for my dual exhaust.
It's a "tucked under the apron" system.