PDA

View Full Version : Sorting of member rides

Racelook
June 16th 2004, 07:49
It annoys me for a verry long time.. but I never had mentioned it till now..

Can the member rides not been sorted in some categorie.. now it's just a bunch of member rides through each other... I liked them sorted on date.. so that every new ride and new updated ride is fast to see.. so I don't have to search.. Same in the other galleries..

I hope this is not only my thoughts of this...

Greetings Wiebrand

BWE
June 16th 2004, 13:08
I agree, it would make life a little easier to have the newest posts first... Just my 0.02
Cheers,
Dave

zen
June 16th 2004, 21:12
agreed. they are sorted on year of car at the moment. i am no programmer and am slowly working my way through processes and programs that Sandeep setup now that i have taken the site over. that is on my agenda. just don't know how complex it might be and when i will get to it. i also still have to decide what the real requirements are. just one sort or offer options and how complex that will be.

i'm open to more suggestions of how you guys want to see it. so far i have "last updated" date. i lean towards that as well although by user name is an option.

as for the pic galleries, the way the program works, newest are always on the last page. there is a search function that you can use as well if you are looking for keywords.

Sandeep
June 17th 2004, 11:10
Zen,

I can change the Members Rides section to bring up the last updated profile first ... let me know if you want me to move ahead with this via email. I'll let you know how this section works in the reply.

Thanks

Sandeep

Bill K.
June 17th 2004, 11:21
Good ideas all. Sorting by name and date would be cool.

How about adding a search function to the members rides? Search all fields for keyword to find users. Then go to forum and check/post "questions about users ride..."

zen
June 22nd 2004, 23:21
member's rides now sorted by last updated. more options coming in the future. thanks Sandeep.

Superman
June 23rd 2004, 03:17
Magical Sandeep :agree: great job as always :)