PDA

View Full Version : the right offset??

Eurolook71
September 27th 2002, 19:26
I Really like these rims, but the only offset offered was 38MM. They are 16X7s, and would be going on a 71' super, with Maxx struts. I'm going to have flared fenders and was wondering if this offset would be ok. I really don't wont to use spacers, but will to get the right look, (but nothing to thick!).

Also, I keep getting confussed with offsets...

the higher the number, the closer to the strut (or inner fender) and the lower the number, the more it will stick out, right????

NYBugman1972
September 28th 2002, 13:47
Well, a lot of people, like Brian (Phat73vw), have 17x7 wheels, 40 offset and have no problems with fitting at all. No spacers. I would think that with the flares and MaXX's, you should be fine. Those wheels look to have a bit of a deep dish to them, so the flares will help that out. Should look great!

bren
September 30th 2002, 06:21
should be fine, my16x7's ET 40 front and ET30 rear fit under stock arches.. you may find you need a spacer at the rear to get the centrecaps over the hub nuts anyway.

vujade
September 30th 2002, 08:24
You also may want a spacer in the rear to bring the tire closer to the fender to look more like the front.

I have done some measuring on my 71 1302 and it seems like there is more clearance between the wheel and the fender in the rear of the car, then in the front.