PDA

View Full Version : Door mounted wing/side mirrors

Robbo
June 18th 2004, 04:02
Hi! Where can I get some door mounted/german look side mirrors? I'm fitting them to a 1302S beetle and would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

Bill K.
June 18th 2004, 10:59
http://www.visionhotrod.com/mirrors.htm

I got the VF-1 mirrors. They are made of cast urethane. They need trimming to fit the door, but it's pretty easy. I'm mounting behind stock mirror location and filling the oem mirror hole.

Chris Percival
June 22nd 2004, 13:34
Try these, much cheaper, even with the shipping I bet..
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/catalogue/product_detail.asp?CLS=ROAD&TLGRP=R001&CODE=R_GVIT&PGRP=RP017&GRP=RP017&PCODE=R/GVIT104

BWE
June 24th 2004, 18:00
I mounted aftermarket Honda CBR motorcycle mirrors on my std. Bug. I love the look and they were (relatively) cheap, under $100 if I remember correctly. Check around at the local motorcycle shop(s) they usually have catalogs full of different styles and sizes. The only problem is that they are both convex mirrors so things may appear closer than they really are....
Check out pix of my car in the "Member's Rides".
Cheers, Dave

boygenius
June 24th 2004, 21:26
I mounted aftermarket Honda CBR motorcycle mirrors on my std. Bug. I love the look and they were (relatively) cheap, under $100 if I remember correctly. Check around at the local motorcycle shop(s) they usually have catalogs full of different styles and sizes. The only problem is that they are both convex mirrors so things may appear closer than they really are....
Check out pix of my car in the "Member's Rides".
Cheers, Dave

If using bike mirrors don't get the "SUPER" cheap ones. They will rattle and you won't be able to see anything with them. Try e-bay for some used factory ones. ;)

BWE
June 25th 2004, 08:38
If using bike mirrors don't get the "SUPER" cheap ones. They will rattle and you won't be able to see anything with them. Try e-bay for some used factory ones. ;)

A good point Boygenius, although I've had several vehicles with "stock" mirrors that after a few seasons the adjusting mechanisim gets so slack that they are pretty much useless. I say get a pair of mirrors that you like, at a good price, from a reputable shop/manufacturer that stands behind their product, and enjoy.
Cheers,
Dave