PDA

View Full Version : Finally picking up my new 1302

vujade
September 28th 2002, 01:55
after 4 weeks of saving money, I can finally pick up my 71 1302 that I purchesed on 09-23-02!!! I will be getting it at 10am Saturday morning if all goes well :)

http://www.81x.com/Authors/volksport/MyNew71.jpg

Sandeep
September 28th 2002, 09:04
Thats great ! Definately a great looking car.

Sandeep

vujade
September 28th 2002, 12:30
I picked it up about an hour ago... it sounds great, I cant wait to get started on the transformation! :)

Alex
September 28th 2002, 12:50
Is it in good condition? No rust.......etc?

Great car.

Alex

vujade
September 28th 2002, 14:00
Alex

it has very liitle rust!

the floors & battery area are spotless...
there is some rust near the right rear quater vent & also
some minor rust on the front right quarter near the hinges

The body is really strait with only a few minors dings. It is an excellent starting point for a GL project.

lightning bug
September 28th 2002, 19:19
A few body dings!! You don't want that! Maybe I can take it off your hands for you. Maybe $100? Because of the dings of course. Seriously though. That's a nice score. Lots of luck and keep us posted on the mods.

NYBugman1972
September 28th 2002, 22:07
Nice score! Damn, they look goofy without a lowered front end:D Or maybe I'm used to my 2.5" drop?

Nice one nonetheless! Good luck with it.

vujade
September 28th 2002, 22:15
Well if all goes well, I will sell my 67 next weekend and then I will order my MaXX Struts!!! :D

NYBugman1972
September 29th 2002, 22:52
MaXX struts: None more gooder! :D :D

vujade
September 29th 2002, 23:01
well I gotta call today confirming selling my 67 next week...so Im gonna cross my fingers... I should have enough to get my maxx struts & a set of rims.... at first Im just probably gonna get a set of new drums drilled to the pattern I need to fit the rims :)

zen
September 30th 2002, 08:59
Originally posted by vujade
well I gotta call today confirming selling my 67 next week...so Im gonna cross my fingers... I should have enough to get my maxx struts & a set of rims.... at first Im just probably gonna get a set of new drums drilled to the pattern I need to fit the rims :)

vujade, what rims are you going with?

vujade
September 30th 2002, 11:06
well these are what I am looking at....not sure though!

vujade
September 30th 2002, 11:07
they are 17 x 7 with 40mm offset and they come :

4 x 100
4 x 114
5 x 100

NYBugman1972
September 30th 2002, 16:47
Cool wheels. Personally, the center universal lug design bugs me, but I like them nonetheless.

As proven by our very own Brian, 40mm offset will fit perfectly. Topline may be able to drill the 5x100 (or4x100,4x114), but ask first. I ordered 5x130 disks from them and they do them in batches, so you may have to be custom ordered. However, Topline can press in the studs, which I opted for. Call 'em and find out.

I can say that the CSP drums I got are awesome, and Brian says their 4x100's are awesome too.

Any idea if your going to repaint? Body mods?

zen
September 30th 2002, 16:55
those are a cool look. i looked at similar ones (actually, i looked at rims for about 6 months intensely before going porsche) called Montegi in gunmetal. i just saw too many warnings about quality. one of the reasons i went porsche...i knew the quality was there. just make sure to spend for the quality. OZ had some i almost jumped on too. you are definitely looking at the patterns with more options than the porsche. 4x100 is probably the largest selection.

so tell us more of what you are thinking for the rest of the car.

vujade
September 30th 2002, 20:11
goes,

Suspension:
Maxx Struts
Strut Bar
CSP Kafer Cup Brace
Adjustable Spring Plates
Adjustable rear shocks
Heavy duty front sway bar

Wheels:
17 x 7 40et
205/40/17 Tires

Exterior:
Shave all chrome trim molding off
black out window chrome
CF or Glass Fiber rear fenders
CF Stone Guards
CF or Glass Fiber rear decklid
Lexan Quarter Windows

Paint:
Porsche Blood Yellow or
Porsche Amethyst Metallic

Interior:
Scat Rave Racing Seats
Interior to match seats
Full Roll Cage

Engine:
2.0 liter Type 4 conversion initially
2.3 liter Type 4 Motor Down the Road (built by Raby)

vujade
October 1st 2002, 01:04
these are some other wheels I am looking at too

NYBugman1972
October 1st 2002, 16:30
Go with the tantrum's! The new 3pc design means you can basically get any width you want. However, I don't know about their wheel quality.

I like the MasItaly "President" and "Roger"
http://www.maswheels.com/

Check them out.

zen
October 1st 2002, 16:37
looks like you have a plan. :)

on the wheels, again don't know quality, but check out team dynamics. pretty good assortment of racing type rims in just about any color/finish.

i bought a set of ronal's (at least they are german if not porsche) that are similar to some of team dynamics. these are powder coated black. 16x7 and 16x8. once i saw a deal on a set of 17" boxster rims though, those were set to the side. still may use them as an extra set of shoes for the hell of it and a different look. not sure. i finally hunted down center caps for them to, but they are plastic chrome. will have to refinish somehow.

let us know what you decide.