PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Erik Heemstras ride

Erik Heemstra
June 26th 2004, 16:34
Click here (http://www.germanlook.com/Html/MembersRides/ViewVehicle.php?RideID=156) for more information on this ride.

Rob
June 26th 2004, 19:15
Hey Erik,

Goedendag ;)

Do you have any pics of the widened rear fenders ?
How did you do this ?

Thanks,

Rob.

Erik Heemstra
June 27th 2004, 10:21
I started out with 4 stock late model fenders (for the big talelights). 2 for the left and 2 for the right. I had them lighing around and figured that I could try widen them myself becouse fiberglass ones are expensive and don't always fit like stock ones. I started to cut first on the front bottem side aprox. 5mm. from the moutingflange all the way up to where the highest point of the fender goes away from the car. Then cut straight back trough the middle at the highest point off the fender till you reach the hole for the rearlight. Then go around the hole on the inside leaving aprox. 1" off metal round the light, cut around the light till you reach the middle of the hole. Then make the cut further straightdown to the bumpermount, leaving the bumbermounthole to the fendermountingflange. Now you use the second fender to fill in the gap. I widened my fenders 2" so I could fit 8" wide fuchs on an IRS pan with discbrakes. I do not have any pictures here at the moment but I'll sent them later. The pictures will show how the cuts were made. If you want to try this yourself try it on a few scrap fenders first and think before you start to cut this will save a lot of welding later on. greetings ERIK.