PDA

View Full Version : 6x16 Fuchs under stock front fenders???

Kafer_Mike
July 1st 2004, 10:41
Anyone running 6x16 Fuchs under stock front fenders with a stock-width beam and CB drop spindles/discs? If so, what size tire are you using and what type of clearance issues do you have? I need to know before I can order my CCC fiberglass fenders... :confused:

vujade
July 1st 2004, 11:19
the wheels themselves will increase your front track between 1/2" to 3/4" per side depending on what offset stock wheels you have.

and the cb spindles/disc brakes will also add 1/2" per side.

so you will be increasing your track a minimum of 1" per side, so you can
either run a wider fender or get a CB 2" narrower front beam.

Kafer_Mike
July 1st 2004, 13:01
I was hoping they would fit under stock width fenders without much work. :( Oh well. Looks like I'll be cutting the beam... :D

vujade
July 1st 2004, 13:31
a 1" increase may still be inside the stock fenders.
you may not be able to turn that well though if you are really low.

Kafer_Mike
July 1st 2004, 14:05
I looked at CB's site and their narrowed/adjustable beam is only $170. Ordering a new one and selling my old one might be the way to go. Have you seen one of the CB narrowed beams? How does the quality compare to the original VW beam?

ricola
July 2nd 2004, 04:42
Check the offsets of your wheels first. The 16x6J has a big offset and I have seen plenty of bugs running these with no mods to beam or wings.
I ran these wheels on my speedster with 944 brakes all round with no problems...

Rich

vujade
July 2nd 2004, 08:44
I looked at CB's site and their narrowed/adjustable beam is only $170. Ordering a new one and selling my old one might be the way to go. Have you seen one of the CB narrowed beams? How does the quality compare to the original VW beam?

The CB beam is made by an OEM manufacturer in Brazil. CB just had them make it 2" narrower. It is not a cut & welded beam like the other narrow beams on the market right now.

Bill K.
August 25th 2004, 17:18
I have stock length beam, CB lowered spindles, ghia disk brakes, 6x16 ET36 Fuchs, and 2" wider pre67 CCC fenders. Without spacer, the outside edge of the tire is 1.75" from the top, outside edge of the fender. The verticle clearance from the top of the tire to the inside of the arch with 205/55 R16 tires mounted is about 1" with the beam set to middle (no lowering, no raising). I'm going with a 1.5" spacer. Hope it works...

Based on this, I think the tire would rub the stock fender arch when the front suspension is loaded or the front end is further lowered.