PDA

View Full Version : time to use the logo

zen
September 30th 2002, 17:17
not really a site suggestion, but...

i saw previous comments on stickets. go check out cafepress.com. i use this site for band merchandise for multiple reasons, but the biggest being...NO OUT OF POCKET for inventory.

scale the gl.com logo per the product you are setting up and "we the people" can buy t-shirts, stickers, clocks, mugs, hats, boxers, on and on at reasonable prices and great quality (assuming the image quality is there and i am sure it would be).

if you want to see some examples, go to my band's site (www.powerplayrocks.com). all of the merchandise save the CDs are from them. plus the ones with the CD cover on them have a very sweet pic of a nice girl on them.

and all i ask for this great advice is that everyone on this site spend the $7 to buy my band's CD at the site listed above. :D a small price to pay for such great advice. and the music doesn't suck either. ok, that is my opinion, but we have sold just a few (thousand) to help support the point.

also, the site isn't just for businesses. anyone can do a one off. i am taking a pic of my dad's speedster and making a clock for him for Xmas.

anyway, would love to buy some stuff with that logo and see you guys make a few penny's to put towards the site.

Sandeep
September 30th 2002, 18:20
Zen,

I will check out the site. I think Alex is working on this. I will check into it.

Sandeep

lightning bug
September 30th 2002, 19:56
I was also wondering if the new logo would be used for the stickers.

Alex
September 30th 2002, 20:28
I am looking into it. The new logo will most likely be used for the stickers and business cards.

Alex

cre8iv1
October 1st 2002, 08:36
hey guys... I can provide you a hi-quality logo for when you want to use it on other things besides the web...

I thought about doing a small flash animation with it ....have the car drive in and all....just for fun... I'll let you know when I have something.

zen
October 1st 2002, 08:59
thought maybe i should give a quick rundown for those that aren't familiar with cafepress.com. you don't pay for anything up front like you normally do having t-shirts printed up, or whatever. they make them as they are ordered so there is no out of pocket expenses up front. you are charged a pretty hefty per unit charge for their services, but it is still in a range that keeps the products affordable. for instance, the band makes about $2-$3 per t-shirt. if you go the normal screen printing route, you have about $500-$1000 in out of pocket, but make about 50% or $7 per shirt.

they do basic transfers, but the quality is good. we have several of the photo quality cd cover t-shirts and hats that look really good. better than my screen printer could do as a matter of fact.

well that is the low down. just thought you might want some inside skinny. go check them out and please use edensown@hotmail.com (band's corporate name) as the referal. cost you nothing and makes the band some $ if you have sales. this is NOT the reason i am recommending them. but it doesn't hurt to make a little (very little) extra cash.