PDA

View Full Version : creative ideas?

zen
August 8th 2004, 12:40
check out the attached. i would like some ideas from you guys. i relocated the door release function to the RS pull strap when i thought i had uncut door panels. found out after doing all this that my door panels had been precut for the standard door release. i have the regular door handle in place now (which does nothing) to cover up the hole, but am trying to think of a creative way to eliminate the door handles.

my best thought so far is to make some sort of stand-off so i have a place to hang a cell phone or two-way radio for the caravans. i have zero places for that now. so thought was to fill the hole from the back with a c/f patch, on the front use a 10mm or so nylon spacer at each of the 4 corners and then some sort of plate (c/f or billet) slightly larger than the door handle so the patch isn't visible too much behind it.

any other ideas?

super vw
August 8th 2004, 14:18
Man thats a hard one... it would have to be some sort of cover, perhaps a door pull (a handle) of some sort? and the hole would have to be one end of the handle, or somthing like that.

Jonathan

boygenius
August 8th 2004, 21:12
I like the cell phone holder idea since I would always loose mine in the car when I made a turn.

Maybe one of those nice VKG stickers to cover the hole. :laugh:

Maybe a bolt together billet ring with a C/F center piece. You could change the center sections to suit your needs. Blank for the passengers side and maybe the cell phone holder or drink holder for those longer trips on your side... :)

Uber Affe
August 8th 2004, 21:25
Why don't yopu scope around for a cool looking interior light fixture?
Perhaps something in the way of a sconce or low profile flat round or flat rectangular light so as not to interfere w/ the window crank?
It wouldn't hve to be the same shape as the hole since it would likely cover it completely any way....you might even look around at you local hardware stores or lighting stores?
You can always use more light!

Good luck.

G. Sainz

boygenius
August 8th 2004, 21:41
Why don't yopu scope around for a cool looking interior light fixture?
You can always use more light!

Good luck.

G. Sainz

Good idea. Maybe you could mount some small LED lights in an aluminum ring and use that as the interior light when the door is open.

zen
August 8th 2004, 22:27
considering I have no interior lighting that is a really good idea. Could even combine the ideas actually. I had been planning on Mounting a few LEDs under the dash, but this is an interesting idea. Thanks. Keep more coming too.

starmember
August 9th 2004, 05:55
lcd screen would be cool

kra710
August 17th 2004, 23:09
if you have a car stereo , you could run a digital voltmeter for each door speaker, or make a billet plate for some switches, just anodize it black if you want to make it less flashy