PDA

View Full Version : Offset of Phone Dials

vujade
October 4th 2002, 08:33
any one know the width and offset of Porsche Phone Dials?

I figure they would be a good starting point for converting to Porsche wheel pattern until I can afford something more exotic.

blue4400
October 4th 2002, 14:31
Thats what I have on my 1970 bug they fit good. I use them with small spacers. The only problem I had with the wheels was when I installed the CB Performance lowered spindles. They rubbed a little, when I turned all the way. (Spindle with inner wheel. Not with the fender or body.) They look good. I think I'm going to sell my wheels, just bought 17's. E-mail me if your interested.

vujade
October 6th 2002, 09:41
so are they offered in different offsets? what is the offset?

Philippe
October 6th 2002, 16:09
They're offered in a variety of offsets and styles, and I don't know what they all are :p

my 951 phones are 16x7 and 16x8 and the offsets are either 52 or 55 mm on both sets.

I don't have them right here or I would check for you.

My plan is the same as yours, I'm going to do my brake conversion and run these wheels until I can afford something else. But I might get them polished, and if they turn out really nice I may just keep them.

trevorbrady
October 7th 2002, 08:24
I had a set of 7" x 15" teledials on my bug, they had an offset of 23.3mm. They fit fine without rubbing on anything when bolted directly to redrilled stock drums, but whenI had adapters on, they stuck out beyond the wings (fenders) and rubbed al the paint off the lips. I had 185/60 tyres on the front and 195/65 thyres on the back. The front was lowered about 3" on adjusters and the back was down 1 spline... I hope this helps...

vujade
October 7th 2002, 08:29
Phillipe, that is what I want (16 x 7) Phone Dials. If they come if 52mm offset that would be excellent! I was concerned that they were all 23mm offset, then they would stick too far out on my 71 1302.

BTW Phillipe, polished phone dials look awesome! :)

Trevor, thanks for the info. I need to stay away from 23mm offset Phone dials. :)