PDA

View Full Version : Calling Carbon Joe...

SuperRSi
August 24th 2004, 23:32
If a guy was looking for CF wide fenders front and rear, possibly hood and engine lid for 79 convert, would you be building these now? They would be left unpainted. CF dash? I do have a deadline for production. You can PM me if you wish...

Thanks,

Randy

Carbon Joe
August 25th 2004, 00:06
I would have to tell that guy that I'm only making the decklid and I'm working on the 911 dash. I will be starting on the molds for 1.5 wider rear fenders and a bubble rear apron soon. Sorry I'm not making hoods or front fenders.

zen
August 25th 2004, 22:11
...a bubble rear apron soon.
:agree: :agree: just made two nice cracks in mine!!! removable FI would be sweet. :D :laugh:

Supa Ninja
August 26th 2004, 01:05
I agree with Zen, removable CF FI

boygenius
August 26th 2004, 21:40
I agree with Zen, removable CF FI

I would take one also... :agree:

zen
August 27th 2004, 08:23
that's three. anyone else? :)

LOAF
August 27th 2004, 11:37
Hey Guys whats CF FI = Carbon Fiber F? I?

I also know a guy with a 78 vert that would be interested.. :) in Carbon Fiber parts.

Q2- Would the Dash be a complete dash or something like a dash pad. Will I need to reuse any part of the old dash?

ALex

Panelfantastic
August 27th 2004, 13:32
...hey, I'll bet my bus needs an F I too! (I wonder what an F I is :confused: )

zen
August 27th 2004, 15:15
panel, you have FI, just not this FI. :D

loaf, we are referring to the late model fuel injected T1's that had a buldge on the apron. it allows for more room for headers or in my case just to get it further away from the header so the paint won't blister.

Kataplun
August 27th 2004, 15:27
i want some CF, for a 72 SB, front hood and rear

zen
August 27th 2004, 19:14
since joe is not making any anytime soon, you may want to check with LA Performance. link is in the mall section.

SilverBullet
August 28th 2004, 02:33
Hi Joe, count me in for the rear apron w buldge and waiting for the rear decklid too. Cheers, Richard T. :)

super vw
August 28th 2004, 02:56
Ahh yes,the future has much to come....

Uber Affe
August 31st 2004, 09:18
YES! YES! YES!
I own a '74 Super Beetle. I'm a member of a local club w/ over 40 membersthat are all interested in the same.
My dad owns a 71 Super.

I need some rear fenders and a 911 dash.(for a 1303)
It would be nice to get some front fenders made too, but that isn't
crucial. My greatest need is the dash.

I wouldn't mind having a decklid and removable rear CF apron either!?!

Right now an estimate on a 911 dash for 1303 would be nive though.

VRSICK
September 8th 2004, 12:47
hey joe,

is your decklid going to be stock, or something that gives a little more room? I'm looking for options out there, and have only founf one "nice" looking decklid that will give me more room for my g60 turbo engine...

Carbon Joe
September 8th 2004, 13:59
Sorry VRSICK just the stock lid.

zen
September 9th 2004, 08:35
his current one is stock dimensions (minus hinge mounts at this point). he was working on one that would have a broad scoop that would give enough room for a FAT shroud, but the mold has not been completed and not sure if he intends to at this point.

Carbon Joe
September 12th 2004, 02:51
Zen's right, I was working on a lid with a broad scoop but scraped that idea. I have the stock lid and I will be starting on a eyebrow decklid for early and late model bugs. I would love to make a lid with a retractable tail like the one in the gallery, I've already started gathering parts for it.

Uber Affe
September 12th 2004, 03:59
I am interested in both and would like to know prices. Also any other items you are planning with a pricelist would be very helpful. I am willing to pay in advance for such items. My email is vzif@yahoo.com

Thankyou,

G.Sainz

Carbon Joe
September 23rd 2004, 00:07
Uber Affe,
I'm still working on the 911 dash, my dash is going to be a little different then the other. I'm making a two piece dash like the 914 dash, this way the top cap can be covered to mach the color or the interior of the car.

SilverBullet
September 24th 2004, 05:10
Hi Joe, hope you will do the dash in right hand drive too. :) Got some 914 gauges, hope to use them. See you in Nov.10th. :)

Carbon Joe
September 24th 2004, 22:16
Hi Joe, hope you will do the dash in right hand drive too.

Sorry only left hand drive for now.

Uber Affe
September 28th 2004, 00:43
I actually like the look of the 914 dash and the lesser number of gauge holes will make it easier on me to decide what to put in them! =)
At one point I even conosidered some kind of light source!? hehe
At any rate... What will you be selling these for?
Will it be a two piece? and if so will the top cover also be carbon fibre? I would want to keep it unpainted if so.
Will it be a snap on attatchment and easy to access or will it need to be rather hard to remove once attatched?

sO MAnY quEStIONS!?

thanks,

G.Sainz

super vw
September 28th 2004, 13:42
The dash wont look like a 914 dash, it will look more like a 911 dash... but it will split apart like a 914 dash.

Jonathan