PDA

View Full Version : front end swap

superb
August 29th 2004, 16:22
has any one ever done, seen or heard of any one grafting a st beetle front end on to a 1303 hood, apron and fends. basicly up to the windows. i know it would be hard because you would have to work aroung the struts put i think i'm ready for the chalenge any words of advise

boygenius
August 29th 2004, 17:56
Never seen it done but if you want the early look why not just get some fiberglass front fenders with the early headlight buckets in them. That would be alot easier.

superb
August 30th 2004, 11:29
what companies make those. i like the way the standars hood and front apron look i think it's cleaner looking . i'm trying to get rid of the roundness at the bottom edge of the hood, were it contacts the front apron

boygenius
August 30th 2004, 13:27
Creative car craft makes them but there website is down right now. Aircooled.net sells them also.

http://www.aircooled.net/new-bin/viewproductdetail.php?keyword2=EXF0006&cartid=

If you don't want the roundness of the super front end have you considered a front spoiler. Funtional and it looks really cool. :laugh: :agree:

vujade
August 30th 2004, 13:53
I met a guy in St Augustine last year who had grafted a Standard Hood, Apron & Fenders onto his super. So he basically had a Super that looked like a standard.

There is also a 55 oval being built that uses a Super Strut front end under the skin of a 55 oval.

vujade
August 30th 2004, 13:55
Never seen it done but if you want the early look why not just get some fiberglass front fenders with the early headlight buckets in them. That would be alot easier.

that doest really give you the look of a standard. it just looks like a really fat super. CCC only makes those fenders in 3 inches wider then stock and a super is already wider in the front then a standard.

superb
August 31st 2004, 11:37
I met a guy in St Augustine last year who had grafted a Standard Hood, Apron & Fenders onto his super. So he basically had a Super that looked like a standard.

There is also a 55 oval being built that uses a Super Strut front end under the skin of a 55 oval.

do you need to modify the front quater area were the fender bolts to or just fit the other pannels and apron??