PDA

View Full Version : 901 Output flanges...

Mikey
September 1st 2004, 23:28
I was wondering if anyone has some early 901 output flanges. (type 1 size) I have a set of late output flanges (930 size) if someone wants to trade, or they can just make me a good deal on the an early set. ;)

If my information is wrong, please correct me, I'm not perfect or an expert. :confused:

Thanks

LOAF
September 2nd 2004, 14:04
Mike,

What year is your tranny, and do you have any pics..

I may have early.. but haven't had a chance to check..

Heading tomorrow out of state with family so wont be able to check for a week..

I am trying to mate mine to 944 cv's.. do the 930 work? I can't remember..

I will let you know.. but later..
Alex

Mikey
September 2nd 2004, 18:23
I don't know the year, I don't have any pictures, but the number on the nosecone says 901.301.301.1.R if that helps.

I'm not sure about the 944 Cv's and 930 flanges. But (i'm not an expert) Wouldn't both Cv's be able fit on the same axle? I know Porsche and Vw have differant splines on the axles. But maybe the two Porsche Cv's have the same splines, basicly you can use 930 Cv's on the Transmission side and 944 Cv's on the out side.

That's a lot of guessing on my part, cause I don't know. :rolleyes:

Can anyone else help with this?? please? :)

boygenius
September 2nd 2004, 19:28
The 944 N/A use a fine spline 33 count just like VW does.
The 944 turbo (951) uses a course spline 28 count.
I think the 930 CV's use the same 28 spline count but I'm not sure if the axles are thicker all together for the 930.

Supa Ninja
September 2nd 2004, 20:22
Hey....HEY....I got some early ('67)901 flanges and I'm looking for some of the larger ones. I'll trade!

Nick

Mikey
September 2nd 2004, 20:24
GREAT!! :cool:

LOAF
September 2nd 2004, 20:31
Mike,

Thanks for the reply..I guess you have your buyer.. good luck..

BG.. Thanks for the input..

PS I need to get better, so that I can make head and tails with these flanges..

I will have to microscopically, go over that other long post and figure out what i need... But for now get better and head on a little vacation.. SF, Cali here I come..

When I return.. I will post some picks

Mikey
September 2nd 2004, 20:36
Thanks Loaf, I happen to have 2 sets of the 930 flanges, I won't get rid of both yet, but If I change my mind I'll ask you first if you want them first before someone else. I'd like to trade, but I might sell them too.

Also, sent you a pm Supa Ninja.

Almost forgot, that's BG for the help. :D

Supa Ninja
September 2nd 2004, 23:26
Hey Loaf sorry bout swooping on the flanges. Loaf when are you gunna be in SF, cause if it's this weekend you'll be close to Sacramento, which means Bug-O-Rama. There is a link on the Bu-O-Rama thread about the show. Let me knoe if you might be there and i'll give you my cell number so that you'll have a GL guy to talk to the show.

Nick