PDA

View Full Version : I'm off for nearly 19 days! Holidaaaaaaays! (at least)

Oliver Knuf
October 5th 2002, 10:08
I'm sorry to leave, but I have to, as I'm looking very similar to this :silly: guy! When I'm back from the dream island of all Australians (Bali), I'll look more like this guy :D and I'll allways wear my :cool:, when laying on the beach, drinking a Mai Tai and thinking of the next one, not more and not further!

All the best....

vujade
October 5th 2002, 10:09
Have a great time :)

Steve C
October 6th 2002, 09:15
Hi Oliver

Bali is a very nice place, lots of VWs. Look out for drunken Aussies. I found these nice snipper buttons there.

Steve C
October 14th 2002, 07:23
Hi

Has anyone heard from Oliver. Im not sure if made the news in your neck of the woods but there was a bombing in Bali on Saturday night killing & wounding many tourists.

Steve C

Alex
October 14th 2002, 07:46
I called his dad this morning to find out if everything is okay. As soon as I heard the news I wanted to call but because of the weekend nobody would have been in the shop.
He and his girlfriend are fine. They were 20KM away from the blast.
I got really worried.

Alex

vujade
October 14th 2002, 08:43
glad to hear he's okay :)

zen
October 14th 2002, 22:03
that's a little close for comfort. glad all is ok!!!!!!!!! this **** just has to stop. do these people have nothing better to do with themselves. maybe they just need a project car to fill their time. not to mention the finances one can go through.

Oliver Knuf
October 28th 2002, 07:35
It was really wonderful there, besides the weekend of horror, where the bombing was. The days after were filled with hard thoughts of going-back-to-Germany decisions agoinst the staying-there-annd-have-some-holidays-idea! I stayed and it was pretty nice, even if all the tourists gone through decisions of their gouvernments, only the Germans stayed.

There was no real danger for us, after this weekend, I was more frightened about the different airports and the flights back, that was all!

Besides it was a real pain and a horror, what happened there, as the complete infrastructure is based on tourism, they are near the end, even if Bali is still safe in my eyes.