PDA

View Full Version : 930 Turbo transmission in a Bug?

SuperRSi
September 24th 2004, 00:15
Anyone out there done a 930 install in a bug? Looks like my winter project...

Thanks,

Randy

boygenius
September 24th 2004, 02:18
I was thinking about it when I saw a good deal on ebay once. Having a transmission that will take 800 hp is one of the factors that attracted me to the 930 tranny. Hmmmmm, does it use a push or a pull style clutch release bearing...

SuperRSi
September 24th 2004, 14:50
I'll play with it this weekend and see about the push pull thing. I bought it to use with a Tilton pedal system originaly so was going hydraulic (didn't care push pull). It is an awesome beast though, and should handle a stout T4 real well. The funny thing is I am looking at getting more HP from a 2.6 T4 than the transmission got out of a turbo six in the early 80's! Isn't technology grand, or make that ten grand...

Thanks,

Randy

boygenius
September 26th 2004, 23:42
I don't think the pull style will work with your engine unless you get an adapter flywheel for the transmission. Or you will have to get the ealier push type parts to make it work. I'm just starting to get into the porsche gear box thing here myself so I'm still learning. I think the "pull" refers the the way the throwout bearing moves to dis-engage the clutch and not the direction the throwout arm moves to dis-engage the clutch.