PDA

View Full Version : Questions about tommi_nylunds ride

tommi_nylund
October 4th 2004, 16:52
Click here (http://www.germanlook.com/Html/MembersRides/ViewVehicle.php?RideID=173) for more information on this ride.

boygenius
October 4th 2004, 18:06
Nice ride man. I like the color you chose to go with. Do you have a big stero in there, just wondering since I saw the alternator sitting next to the cooling fan. Post some pics of you modified firewall, I chopped mine up and moved it in and am now trying to figure out the best way to avoid hot air from re-entering the engine bay. :)

Racelook
October 4th 2004, 18:10
Nice ride mate!!! :D

rustbucket
October 4th 2004, 19:05
Sweet ride. Dig that airdam. Are your handles painted or powder coated?

vdubvr6
October 4th 2004, 21:49
nice ride! looks good! like the front air dam, and your decklid setup! any interior pics?? :cool:

tommi_nylund
October 5th 2004, 13:36
thanks for your comments dudes! :)

no, I donīt have any stereo-things.......itīs not so quiet car.... :)
alternator is mounted that way because the cooling fan is different from Porscheīs and that stuff and that Deutz-fan doesnīt have an alternator....so I decided to use a small Denso -unit for that stuff.......

all blacked parts are just painted....not so good way to do that..... Maybe Iīll powdercoat all handles and that ex-chrome stuff later when the paint is getting off....

interior in the works -mode: http://www.kolumbus.fi/tommi.nylund/gerbiili/interior.jpg
I have now a suede leather Sparco steeringwheel and those pressure gauges werenīt never in use, because I didnīt have time to make them work for now....maybe next summer with new engine....

I donīt have any pics of my firewall where engine isnīt it place....but that luggage-space behind rear seat has been turn upside-down....so that the real firewall is now in place where the rear seat should be. I can take a picture in a week or two when I remove the engine.....

More comments & suggestions are welcome.

vdubvr6
October 5th 2004, 20:29
:D i have a steering wheel similar to the one in that pic >>>>> even missing the horn! :laugh: it's a temporary though from the stock HUGE diameter wheel! do you like the shift light where it's at?? i've never seen one there before!!?? :cool:

tommi_nylund
October 6th 2004, 01:25
hahaha!! :D:D

actually that shift-light is above the mirror now......but itīs nice.....you can see it clearly when needed and itīs not disturbing your everyday life for another hand.......

maybe some different material doorpanels are coming too......maybe.....

73notch
November 1st 2004, 04:27
wow, props to you. that car is amazing. you have very good taste.
keep up the good work. what engine are you putting in it next?

tommi_nylund
November 1st 2004, 10:41
Thanks! Iīll try to keep that that work going.... :)

I will put some water-cooled engine now.......ccīs and head stuff are not sure yet, but maybe something 1.8l high rpm golf-engine...