PDA

View Full Version : Wheel/Brake combo problem....

VRSICK
October 8th 2002, 19:23
Im buidling a german look car, but also am planning on running it in the quarter mile.

I want to have the big porsche brakes, but I want to make sure that my drag rims can fit with those big brakes.

If I'm gonna go from 15" to 17", 15" being the drag set, what size brakes can I stick with so that I can get maximum braking power and still get an aggresive look?

NYBugman1972
October 10th 2002, 15:08
I'm not a brake expert, but I'm pretty sure that the rear brakes from a 924/944 would fit under 15" wheels. Some of them came with 15" wheels like cookie cutters, fuchs, and phone dials. Find which cars came with OEM 15" and you find your brakes.

You could just convert to rear disks with a x-drilled pattern. CSP has a kit like that. After all, most of your braking is done up front.

Personally, I am going to go with the standard-run-of-the-mill solid rear disk conversions and upgrade the fronts to something beefier, like the CSP vented 4-piston or maybe even the 13" 996 kit that AC.net has (remmele).

kdanie
October 15th 2002, 18:11
944 N/A rear brakes will fit inside 15" steel wheels, so will the front. I don't know about aluminum wheels. The heavy, large dia. disks will slow your acceleration down. It is hard to have a car that is good at turning corners/braking and accelerating too. Everything you do to help handling/braking compromises your maximum acceleration. Don't get me wrong....you can make a car accelerate well and still handle but a car set up just for drag racing with the same power will beat you on the strip. Just be aware that it's all a compromise and you must make the choices.
ken

Murdock
October 27th 2002, 01:33
kdanie- how about 944t fronts behind stock 15 inchers? Thanks!