PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, First post, and a BIG question...

BeetleTwinTurbo
October 8th 2002, 19:53
ok, first lt me say that I do have another name on this site, its VRSCK, but I chaged my e-mail now, and this site should only have to do with my beetle anyways.

I have a 70 Beetle, non-super, already modified some bit. Its painted sand yellow(I believe a porsche color also) Mods that the previous owner has done is, suspension, engine, and interior, along wth a few other little things. Origionally going for a callook/custom style, it has a combonation of mods, that dont see to meet my requirements. I plan to install a 250 HP engine, with a matched tranny, and I'm not sure what about the suspension and wheel size and brake combo.

I would like to find a set of rims about 17" tall, 8"front and 9-10" rear, BBS style rims, you know, like the 337 gti.....

anyways, I have a 5x130 bolt pattern, and would like to upgrade my brakes to the biggest rotor size I can.

Not sure how to figure it out, but If I can find a rim I like, could you guys help me pick out the right sizes and stuff to buy for my setup...

Alex
October 9th 2002, 11:50
I guess we can. Her is one thing though.......I read in another post of yours that you want to use 15" drag rim/tire combo to go the the strip. This will limit you what type of brake you can use in the rear. I would suggest finding a 16" Porsche Fuchs rear rim and to get some slicks for those if available.

Alex

BeetleTwinTurbo
October 9th 2002, 14:57
hehehe, ou mean like the one that I have in these pictures???

ps, sorry i couldn't get the individual pix out from thisswf yet, i will eventually...

http://www.paradisebarandgrille.com/70bug/70bug.html

thanx