PDA

View Full Version : Photoshoped idea of Race bug.

Vincent
October 29th 2004, 00:12
Ok i am sure most of you guys have seen this photo in the General section of the GL web site. I took it and photoshopped it to fit the idea of what i am going for in my bug body for my project.

Before
http://www.germanlook.com/Images/0307.jpg

After 4 in body section off the bottom and 2 inches chopped off the top. Notice the way that i did the drop the van in the background got a free 4 in drop. That was a pleasent suprize. I did a gausin blur on the back ground to make it look more like a artistic photo. Let me know what you think.

http://home.comcast.net/~1badz/afterbw.jpg

things to look for when compairing the two photos.
Look at the red front fender
look at the bottom of the blue fender in the back.
blue front wheel
removed blue paint from the quarter pannel

it is amazing to me how much it looks like a Porsche when you chop the top and drop the body. Cool thing is it still looks more like a bug.

Vincent
October 29th 2004, 01:50
I fixed the dead link second picture should show now.

vujade
October 29th 2004, 08:48
Ive always loved that car, good work!!! :D

rustbucket
October 29th 2004, 09:26
It does look alot like a Porsche. Family resemblence!

Vincent
October 29th 2004, 09:34
I hope to have something like the after picture ripping up and down the streets of Indy in the next year or so.

vujade
October 29th 2004, 10:13
I hope to have something like the after picture ripping up and down the streets of Indy in the next year or so.

where are you going to get that front end from?

Vincent
October 29th 2004, 20:04
for the front end I will probably just build it out of fiberglass as one peice. the only part that will be steel is the center part of the body. I may even go with fiberglass doors. I am going to make the rear fender to fender one peice may use the fiberglass GT3 wing that Al's Dad makes and mold it in to the fenders and apron. I am not planning on using a super beetle body for my project. I plan on going out to CA and pick up a rust free shell or get my brothers old 57 that is sitting outside in Texas. that would be sweet to do this with an oval.

rustbucket
October 29th 2004, 20:42
Shhhhhhhh....

You'll get lynched saying that in the wrong places! :D

Vincent
October 30th 2004, 00:48
That would make it all the better to do :)

EASY RIDER
October 30th 2004, 04:58
After looking at the two pictures for quite some time I have to say that the real picture looks like the fake. You photo-chop is very impressive. I would love to see you build that car. I am sure it would quickly become world famous.

Vincent
October 30th 2004, 15:51
Thanks I have had this in my head for some time and took care to make it look as real as possible.

sheaspina
November 11th 2004, 18:51
I take it that this is the idea you're looking to work out in 3dmax? It's a very interesting concept........would be totally killer. now here's an idea, a very expensive idea, but i'll give to you anyway.

For a moment try to disregard financial concerns.

with a body that heavily modified, I would think it would be easier to fabricate all the panels yourself. & if you're going to do that (here's the scary part) why not fab it from cf instead of fiberglass. hell, why not even do the floorpan too. If you were to use a nomex/cf laminate with some ridging at key points i'm sure you could get the required strength of the parts. Imagine how drastically this would drop the weight of the vehicle.......................umm guess you'd have to rethink the suspension settings........but with a big enought motor you'd be close to the power/wheight ratio of a 1ltr sportsbike (about 3 or 4)!

all for a bare minimum of expense..........lol ;)