PDA

View Full Version : Where to start?

blkglook
October 10th 2002, 04:52
I have a 1970 bug, I have just put a new 1776 motor in. It run well but not where I would like it to be. In my quest to trans from my bug from its standard look to the G-LOOK, what should I start with, body, motor (2000cc+), supension, brakes????

samcat
October 10th 2002, 05:18
I would start with the cheapest bits first, so colorcode your bumpers, remove or blackout or anodize the chrome trim.

Have a look through the gallery, work out where you want your car to end up, list off what you need to do it and pick somewhere to start from.

Personally, If you have the 1776, I would stick with that for now. Do some of the other bits n bobs (wheels, brakes, exterior look, interior etc)

Good luck.

Cya,
Sam C

vujade
October 10th 2002, 08:16
here is my plan as follows:

black out trim
new color coded bumpers
maxx struts & strut tower bar
disc brakes
17" wheels & tires
New Motor (probably Type 4)
Paint Job
Interior

There will be lots of little things thrown inbetween Im sure

NYBugman1972
October 10th 2002, 15:18
You don't NEED to do all these things to be a G/L car, that's the beauty part! I have 5x130 disks up front, 5x130 drums out back, MaXX struts, standard rear height. I'm going to mount my 17" turbo twists soon (right now I have empi's). my engine is a dual weber 40's 1600 with header, 009 and phatboy muffler. My interior consists of a custom dash using 914 and VDO gauges and blue carbon fiber panels and a stock dashpad. Seats are stock for now, but my interior is a full one.

If you NEEDED to get on the G/L bandwagon as fast as possible, I'd go with suspension, brakes and wheels first. That'll give you the right look. Then, move on from there.