PDA

View Full Version : Help the Budget Beater Project!!!!

zen
November 8th 2004, 22:20
need your help here. looking to start on my budget beater Vanagon. i have some lowering springs and shocks that i am going for. what i need some help with is find just a stupid deal on a set of Audi/Passat/Merc rims and tires.

again, the idea with this van is to see just how inexpensive i can pull this project off for. reference this thread (http://www.germanlook.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=3610&highlight=budget) for details on the project.

so i need your help in finding this deal. rims must be 5x112 and 15-17" x 6-7" and offset no lower than say...35mm. i think that will work well. i am thinking somewhat old school aircooled (its an '84 Vanagon), somewhat rat due to the budget, but GL approach. shooting for $300 high end for the rims and tires (told you it needed to be a stupid deal). willing to pay a little over with the shipping if need be.

thanks for the help!!!!

jhelgesen
November 9th 2004, 21:38
there is wheel guy in PA with some good deals, let me find the link...

zen
November 10th 2004, 21:38
cool. let me know. i have been bidding on some on ebay, but no great deals yet. got a flat the other day and realized just how dry rotted these tires are starting to get (which is odd considering how old the receipts indicate they are). so i am motivated now to get some replacements on there.