PDA

View Full Version : ghia seat belt questions

zen
December 26th 2004, 21:17
new to Ghia's and need some info. i have a '74 with no seat belts in it currently.

is the shoulder mount point for the seat belt on the window ledge just a few inches back from the B-pillar or is it in the B-pillar?
did they have back seat belts stock? (just haven't dug around back there yet to see if there are mount holes anywhere)
if so, were they retractable also?

vujade
December 27th 2004, 21:34
I believe it is below the B pillar....

and I dont think they had read belts...

Doogie S
December 28th 2004, 01:41
Zen,

Not sure about the fronts as my Ghias are a 60 and 61, but the back seat did not have seat belts in them for any of the Ghias, from what I understand.

The rear seat was designated an "Emergency Seat" :eek: and it's use was more to it's designation, just for emergencies.

Hope this helps...

Doug

zen
December 28th 2004, 09:32
well that sucks. i just assumed there were. backseat is a must, only for the rare occasions i don't know i have to get the kids and am not in the right car. bummer. maybe i can use some race mounts to create some mounting points back there.

vujade
December 28th 2004, 10:16
that back seat was their just for kids.....its sorta like the back seat in a 300zx.

zen
December 28th 2004, 11:13
just what i need it for. :D

i ordered some belts last night from CIP1 (supporting the sponsors :p). will have to hunt down some racing mounts and some rear belts. entertaining a seat swap too. Scat Pro 90's in it now.

Doogie S
December 28th 2004, 21:03
One option that might be worth looking into is using the seat belts from another car.

I used the front and rears from a hyundai pony in my 69 Beetle to get the advantage of retractable belts. If I remember right, even the mounting hardware was metric and the same size.

These cars used to be quite plentiful in the pick-your-parts yards, but most have probably been long sence turned into coke cans or rebar by now.

Doug