PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know anything about this Ghia?

DORIGTT
October 17th 2002, 18:08
I'm looking for more information about this Ghia. I would appreciate any insight.

DORIGTT
October 17th 2002, 18:09
Pic #2

DORIGTT
October 17th 2002, 18:10
Here's pic#3

marc1302
October 18th 2002, 02:58
Hy,

I know this car... What do you want to know exactly?

Bye
Marc

ricola
October 18th 2002, 06:56
I have the feature of this car form Volksworld to hand too.
Apparently it was inspired by a similarly styled 1303.

Rich

DORIGTT
October 18th 2002, 15:21
Thanks for the response!

I would like to compliment the owner on his great choice of car to modify! I've got a 1970 Ghia that's in the works.

I'd like to know what wheel sizes and offsets where used. I recall reading that they were 16x7 & 16x8 wheels.

I notice that the wheels are 5-bolt pattern. Are Porsche brakes being used?

Have the semi-trailing arms been narrowed? How about the front axle beam?

What kind of use does the car see?

How were the fenders widened?

What exhaust is the car using, Remmele?

Thanks in advance and I really appreciate the information.

Kevin J Hale
:haveadrin

Ephry73
October 24th 2002, 17:05
That car was inspiration for me redoing my '72 Ghia.

The VolksWorld article was detailed, but not in detail, know what I mean?

I saw a similar set of rims in the stock 4x130mm VW pattern ...

E

DORIGTT
October 31st 2002, 11:41
Hello...anyone there?;)

elroocky
December 7th 2002, 18:35
marc is not far, but he is backing up is apartement , he moving south for some time.. I will reminde him that you are all waiting for an answer.. I've seen that car too is SPA 2002, it's realy a beautifull car.. but marc know's the owner.. he will tell you more on that vw..

regards

david

DORIGTT
December 9th 2002, 19:25
Thanks for the info.

I was wondering what happened.

DORIGTT
December 30th 2002, 21:27
I take it the silence means that no one loves me anymore:broken:

karmann72
January 21st 2003, 22:24
Did anyone answer the questions that DORIGTT asked about the ghia? I have a 72 and would like to hear the answers too.

Farmer
January 22nd 2003, 05:45
The car was featured extensively in german mags some years back, but I cant find them right now. But as far as I know, the cars suspension is stock with > stock type brakes. But the fenders are widened, (very beautifull job IMHO) to accept the wheel size.
I will try and dig up a mag tonite.

I too have been inspired of that car, along with that japanese red thing in semi race style, if anyone ever saw that . Been thinking of making a car with some of these details around a WBX cased 2442 cc T1 when time and MONEY allows it in future to come.
DAAAAAYYYMMM what a left lane cruiser that could be ! :silly: - Oh Well, I guess I will have to dream at least for another 3-5 years from now. But what a nice dream.

Ephry73
January 22nd 2003, 19:58
This is taken from the magazine... the engine is a Porsche 914 2.0 with the usual German look addtions(looks like a Fat shroud to me) wheel arches were widened to 3mm in front, and 4mm out back to acomodate the bbs web design one piece wheels. stock braking system, with lowered stance. 914 seats(though magazine says 944, but we know better) Porsche gauges throughout. The car is a true beauty, and the stance alone is gorgeous, not to mention how the wheel arches just look "Oh so right" (thinking of doing the same to my Ghia, but to fit 16" Fuchs out back and 15" front (7" and 5.5"(repros) respectively)
it also mentioned the fact that the owner is running an Eberspacher heater(spelling?) and a front mounted oil cooler.
Front sway bar was increased in size, and a rear one added(not so stock l think)

E

DORIGTT
January 22nd 2003, 22:17
I don't know if I've seen the Japanese red thing (Ghia?) that you're referring to. Could you post the pics here?

Thanks in advance.

Farmer
January 23rd 2003, 19:45
(img) fed ghia(img)

Farmer
January 23rd 2003, 19:50
DORIGGT I´m a jerk. I cant figure out how to add pics in here. Send me you email adress and I will mail 2 pics to you. Maybe you can put them on here.
Torben

Alex
January 23rd 2003, 19:58
When you post just click on IMG and enter the web URL to the pic or if you want to attch a pic from you local hard drive you can attach the file on the bottom of the page when you post a message. You can browse you local hard drive from there too. The pic can not be bigger than 62KB though.

Alex

DORIGTT
January 23rd 2003, 20:39
I can be reached at kevinhale@comcast.net

Thanks in advance.

Martice
January 27th 2003, 18:18
Is this the Red Ghia?

Its GREAT looking anyway...

Martice
January 27th 2003, 18:21
here is the rear.