PDA

View Full Version : Going big T4 in my 914

Mark the canuck
January 22nd 2005, 13:15
Hi,

Just wanted you guys to drool over my big T4 parts :D

Anyone that wants to see this stuff in person is welcome to visit...I'm about an hour+ east of T.O.

I don't know how to attach pic's here, so go to:

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=23956&

Cheers Mark :cool:

petevw
January 22nd 2005, 16:13
really cool Mark,

i read your using chevy rods?

i have a set of pauter 5.7's of you want them :agree:
the'll go great with those JE's, and nickies.

i'll come visit in the summer.
keep us in the loop!

Mark the canuck
January 22nd 2005, 18:16
Hey Pete

Don't know about the Paulter rods (are they the CrMo ones, 22mm pin?) 5.7 might be too long for a T4...I'll ask Jake.

We've typed at each other from time to time...it would be nice to see the face behind the keyboard, but by the summer I hope to have these puppies in the 914.

Specs so far...I have most of it, just need the goodies from Jake.

SDS fuel injection (Still debating single TB (Honda 64mm) w/ custom plenum or dual Jenveys)

Crank 80mm counterweighted welded DPR/Massive
Rods Chevy journal “I” beam CB/Massive rods
Flywheel lightened, match doweled to crank
Bearings Kolbenschmidt and Glyco, German all
Engine gasket set German
Main/nose seals Elring, German
Lifters LN ceramic
Cam Massive special PEFI grind
Cam gear new, modified
Pushrods 3/8” CrMo, Manton or Berg
Rockers 1.3 to1, 1.7 OEM
Valve adjustors 911 porsche (early)
Oil system 30mm modified Type 1 pump, full flow

Heads (914 cores) 44 Stainless steel intakes 38mm Stainless steel exhausts
CrMo seats, 8mm rocker studs
HD springs, CrMo retainers and keepers
Port and polish

P&C's 103mm, JE forged pistons, LN Nicasil plated aluminum cylinders, ARP head studs, ARP case bolts

Exhaust 4-2-1, 1 ¾”) flanged header w/ muffler

zen
January 22nd 2005, 18:47
very cool. congrats. i know i am loving my TIV. shear power everywhere across the band.

petevw
January 22nd 2005, 22:30
We've typed at each other from time to time...it would be nice to see the face behind the keyboard, but by the summer I hope to have these puppies in the 914.
Still debating single TB (Honda 64mm)

we've also spoken. i called you about a tranny rebuild a couple summers ago, but you were not well. i hope all is good now.

the pauter rods are Al/Chromo with ARP 2000 bolts.
which honda uses a 64mm TB?

i hope to have the my car done for the summer too. its going to be a EFI 2332 turbo in the split. :D

been working on the split, but this -15deg weather and shoveling 3 times today ISN'T HELPING :banghead:

Sandeep
January 23rd 2005, 10:42
Sweeeet !

Looks awesome Mark. I held an LN cylinder at JJB 2004, man are those things light !

Hey Boxer AG,

Would be cool to cruise up to Marks in Port Hope this spring/summer to check those parts out. I for one would like to see his shop ... now I have the 5 speed, I'm not dreading any long journey's !

Sandeep

Mark the canuck
January 23rd 2005, 10:47
That's right we did!

Seem like I'm always sick with something...most likely kidney stones that time. Had part of my para-thyroid (sp?) out (benign tumour) and that cured the stones. But....this last summer I was bragging that I haven't been sick lately...so I got shingles. :bawling:
Oh well, it could be worse.

The TB came of an Accord 2.0, late 80's/early 90's, 12 valve with the PGM-EFI. I was surprised that it was so big for a 2 litre.

So you bought Alex's split...NICE!

Don't talk to me about the weather. :help:

Mark the canuck
January 23rd 2005, 10:55
Would be cool to cruise up to Marks in Port Hope this spring/summer to check those parts out. I for one would like to see his shop ... now I have the 5 speed, I'm not dreading any long journey's !

Sandeep

Hey Sandeep!

Better make it before May 1st..after that this puppy starts going together and you won't be able see much.
It's a shame...spend all this coin and when it's done you can't see a thing :rolleyes: